Thread: Local Woodcraft finally!!!

Local Woodcraft finally!!!

Just opened the other day in Spokane!!! Sure hope it give our other big overpriced tool dealer a run for their money. Sure was nice to stand and drool at that big wall of lathe tools. Glad they are here and sure wish them luck, very nice store. No more internet Woodcraft for me, well unless it's on sale and free shipping.

Since the nearest Rockler is 300 miles away and no one else is close either, having Woodcraft is a blessing for Spokane. They were sure busy the other day while I was browsing (drooling) around the store. They had a demonstration going on for pen making and my LOML was interested in starting to do that. Me-big lathe, her-mini lathe = time in the shop together, works for me.....

Tom, I know how you feel Ft Wayne, IN got one. It's still 50 Mi away but my wife's family is there so I visit when I can. They had an in store 20% off on General so I took advantage of that. Later they had an in store 25% coupon and picked up an akdia(sp) dovetail template.

I was about to say it's good to have one close by too because some sales are either on line or in store; But I just spent $3000 maybe it's not good.

Mark

PS That is a nice dovetailer now if I could just say the name

When it gets to the point where they no longer have to ask your name you've been going in too much. Sure is handy though.

Your in for it now. I'm glad mine isn't any closer than it is (30mi.)
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Johnson2
    When it gets to the point where they no longer have to ask your name you've been going in too much. Sure is handy though.
    Noooo, it can be worse than that! Recently, I found myself in need of having to supplement our family income, so I asked the manager at our local WC if he had any part time openings. Well, you know you've spent too much time at a WC if you get hired without an interview or even an application!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

I wouldn't suggest to you that Woodcraft is less expensive than anyone, but they do have a great selection in-store and in-catalog and the folks who invest in the stores are generally very nice people who love woodworking. You'll enjoy having the store nearby. My closest store is over 50 miles and I miss the easy browsing from when I lived a lot closer to one.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Closest WC is 120 miles away. To get there I have to drive right past a Rockler that's 60 miles away, and usually do.

I just put the Exploder on autopilot, relax and wonder how I'm gonna pay for all the impulse stuff that always manages to catch my eye.

My experience is that yes, WC is a bit pricey but when you need it, they got it.

And for me, their shipping is twice as fast as anyone else. Plus, they always manage to spill a few pieces of hard candy in the box. Boy! Do they have my number!
    Only the Blue Roads

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    you know you've spent too much time at
    I've had a similar expierience at our local Gander Mountain store...they just recently asked me when taking my check, "I know your birthday is April 16 ...but is it in 1957 or '58?" without even asking for my drivers license anymore. My wife was standing in the checkout line and said later.."it's pretty bad Steven when they know you that well"....I was busted.

Tom............it's very possible that we were in the store at the same time. The next time I go there, I'm going to wear one of my SMC hats. Maybe then somebody will ask who I am. Maybe you do the same! I'd like to meet you!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....