Thread: Grizzley GO490 Ship

Grizzley GO490 Ship

My new grizzley GO490 being ship by new penn out of p.a. order in jan.23 06.

Glad to see that you guys in the Northeast are finally starting to get your GO490s shipped. I'll bet these arrive with no damage.

Congrats! And Welcome to SMC!! Kindly let us know how your delivery goes. I'm eager to see how they land up our way.

G0490

Hi Guys,

Picked up my 490 today at Muncy, PA the showroom is sweet and the folks there were really helpfull! Loaded it our van and it looked as though they just crated it. Got home at about 5:30, loaded it the shop and had dinner. After dinner, the work began. Took the base out of the cardboard box and everything was perfect. They had the 2x4 bracing the motor and the struts were fine. Even the decal was very straight. Everthing went to gether very well. The only trouble I had was with the fence. I mounted that fence carriage as high as I could get it. When I mounted the fence to it, I have to pic up on when I slide it or it well scuff the outfeed table. My fence has a step on the bottom on the outfeed table, are all yours that way? Do you have to lift that fence to keep it from scuffing your table? Its no big deal, and I can see how to solve the problem. I have not checked the knives with the jig to see if they are set right. They are set even with the outfeed table, but if they are high in the cutter head that may be why the fence is scuffing that outfeed table. I could lower the knives then lower the outfeed table right?

Do any of you have any ideas or thoughts?

This seems to be a awesome machine. Runs smooth and cuts nice. I did attach a 20 foot cord to it, that little thing that comes with it is kind of useless.

I am very happy with it and tomorrow she will get a very hard workout.

Michael

Mike, you can loosen the bolts on the mount on the base. The ones that bolts the slide to the bed. I had to do the same with mine. No big deal, if the fence is all ready attached you might to take it off first then loosen the bolts.And push up on the slide assembly. And retighten Hope it helps,

Russ
    Last edited by Russ Massery; 02-25-2006 at 11:36 PM.

Michael,

I was having the same problem and Russ is right. At least on mine he was. I thought that I had the slide mount piece adjusted as high as it would go so I was thinking of all kinds of possible fixes but after I saw Russ's post I went out and attempted to readjust mine. To get it higher I left the fence on and placed a couple of tapered wood shims under each end of the fence, loosened both bolts and tapped the shims until the unit was as high as I could get it. Retighned the bolts and it fixed the problem.

He is a good guy to have on the team. I wonder what his charge is going to be.

Allen
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 02-26-2006 at 12:13 AM.