Thread: A big thank you to Dave Richards!!

A big thank you to Dave Richards!!

After PMing Dave per this thread (http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=31883), he agreed to a phone call to discuss the benefits of the Woodrat in detail. Yesterday morning Dave gave up about 35 minutes of his time to do just that - on a Saturday! I suspect he could have had 35 minutes of shop time.

Dave, for that I thank you!

His call was both friendly and very informative. He seems to have a lot of knowledge (and passion) for the Woodrat. This new found information will help me to make a more informed decision.

It never ceases to amaze me at the amount of knowledge and generosity here at the Creek.

Just thought I would share.

-joe
    Illegitimi non carborundum

"If you walk, just walk, if you sit, just sit, but whatever you do, don't wobble."
    -Zen Master Unmon

To gain additional features, benefits and ad-free access to SMC
    CLICK --> http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

I had a similar experience a while back when I first got Sketchup. Dave generously volunteered about 30-40 mins of walking me through some SU How-To problems I was having. You wont find a nicer guy here in terms of volunteering his expertise to help others out. Apparently he's not just a Sketchup guru, but a Woodrat guru too.
    Use the fence Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Shepard
    I had a similar experience a while back when I first got Sketchup. Dave generously volunteered about 30-40 mins of walking me through some SU How-To problems I was having. You wont find a nicer guy here in terms of volunteering his expertise to help others out. Apparently he's not just a Sketchup guru, but a Woodrat guru too.
    Another vote for the generosity of Dave. He's helped me on several occasions overcoming the SketchUp learning curve. Thanks Dave!

- Marty -

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Dave's a great guy..........but he's so tall
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

My vote too, as Dave graciously design a dovetail system for me using Sketchup.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

I have also had the benifit of talking to Dave on the phone about the WoodRat...and his knowledge of Sketchup. He is a true gentleman...and most willing to share. I'm just waiting for him to fall into the spinning vortex with the rest of us...he'll fit right.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Dave Richards...

I might as well get in on this thread. I have had the same experience with Dave. I have a Woodrat, and he helped me with the decision...which I have never regretted.

I do have to say, not to "top you", but due to my lameheadedness...I have gotten WAY more than 35 minutes out of him.
    Marc
    Kenosha, WI

Hey, guys. Thank you so much for the nice words. I'm glad if I helped you out in even a small way. I enjoy talking to my fellow woodworkers. The Rat and SketchUp are just excuses.

By the way, I'm not keeping track of the time. I don't want anyone to feel guilty about the time we spend. It's valuable to me because I'm getting to talk to you. It's just too bad there's so much distance in between.

Joe, it was great to talk to you yesterday. You weren't biting into my shop time. I was still waiting for it to warm up. I probably kept you from getting some work done, though.

Well, back to the shop for me. I'm building a little cabinet from some scraps left over from the sailboat. I just finished dovetailing a little drawer (on the Rat) and now it's time to figure out the back and door.