Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Kentucky folks here??

Lexington Here

Small world guys! I'm in Lexington. Moved here from Shreveport, LA in 1994.
    <DT class=quote>Brad K.</DT>

<DT class=quote>Old Higbee Mill

<DT class=quote>____________________________
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything!
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

</DT>

Rob Will Guest
    I'm a dirt farmer in the number one soybean growing county in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalin Key
    Just wondering if there are anymore Kentucky folks here at SMC? I'm in Danville...
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT ELLIS
    Hello Jalin,

...BTW my Grandfather was a Key...
    And here I was gonna try to avoid joking about how I thought everyone in Kentucky was related in one way or another, and you guys just set it up too easy for me. [ducks and runs for cover...]

- Vaughn

And here I was gonna try to avoid joking about how I thought everyone in Kentucky was related in one way or another, and you guys just set it up too easy for me. [ducks and runs for cover...]

- Vaughn
    Very nearly all of us are related, in some way or another, but a lot of our offspring migrated out west...he he!

Robert you know where the New Lighthouse Church is---we are 2 miles down the road----sitting up on the hill --Large Cedar deck.
    Gary Max, I know where the lighthouse church is at, but are you 2 miles toward Knifley, or Dunbar Hill, or up the road (beside the church) that runs alongside Casey Creek? I live in the Cane Valley Community...

Robert

Hi Robert,
    I'm in Columbia all the time, my stepson lives there. Always have to get myself a slush from Sonics for the ride home. I think a coworker of mine knows you. She lives in Columbia and works with me in Danville. She has mentioned several times of knowing a guy there who makes cherry furniture. BTW is that BBQ place still open there? have not drove past it in a while.
    I was by there the other day...I think they're still open.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT ELLIS
    Very nearly all of us are related, in some way or another, but a lot of our offspring migrated out west...he he!...
    Yeah, I don't have a lot of room to talk. My mom was doing some geneology research a few years ago and discovered that my sister and her husband of 25 years are unpteenth cousins from about 6 or 7 great-grandfathers ago. Actually, my mom was more closely related to my brother-in-law on that particular branch of the family tree. Anyway, as it turns out, that would mean that my sister's kids are also their own cousins. And they've never even set foot in Kentucky. (Someday I'd like to go there, though...I understand there are some pretty places there.)

- Vaughn

Robert turn in at the church and go up the road that runs beside it--like the creek runs----2 miles.

Last home on the black top---if you get to the gravel you went to far.
    Hey we just got black top in front of our place last year. Must be coming up in the world.

Downtown Columbia----on the square in front of the barber shop---the big Cedar bench--I built that.
    Last edited by Gary Max; 03-02-2006 at 5:10 AM.
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

Since I am a recent addition to the state (Moved from Denver about 6 months ago), can anyone point me to a good place for lumber? I am in the Lexington area, but willing to drive to Louisville or Cinncinnati if necessary.

-Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ricks
    Since I am a recent addition to the state (Moved from Denver about 6 months ago), can anyone point me to a good place for lumber? I am in the Lexington area, but willing to drive to Louisville or Cinncinnati if necessary.

-Ryan
    Check out "Garrard wood products" in Lancaster. Have just about any kind of wood. I buy all mine in the rough, but they will mill it for you also. I like the prices thay have. Several other private sellers here in Danville that have nice lumber and prices.

Ryan here is a good place to get hardwood, they have good prices and are really helpful, and you can select just what pieces you want. They are located just outside of Madison Indiana.
    On the left hand side of the page,click on Kiln dried hardwood
    TinyTIMBERS Home
    Last edited by Charles Hans; 03-02-2006 at 10:54 AM.

Ryan, check out Hardwood Specialties. It's in an industrial complex on Old Frankfort Pike, just OUTSIDE New Circle Road. They have a tremendous selection (at least in my hobbiest opinion) and they've always let me pick out my own stuff. I'm really not that sure about how their prices compare with other places, but they're about the closest to me, so that counts for a lot.

There's also a place in Morehead, but I can't recall the name.

Feel free to email or PM if you'd like. DB
    It's called golf because all the other 4-letter words were taken

Thanks for the ideas. I'll give all three places a try. I finally got my shop back together after the move, and am itching to get some things done. Just need to pick up some wood (I seem to have plenty of items on the list!)

-Ryan

Ryan,

Where are you in Lexington? I'm over here by Palomar in Clemens Heights. Nice to see another Lexingtonian here.

Maybe we can get together sometime and compare notes and gloat over tools!
    <DT class=quote>Brad K.</DT>

<DT class=quote>Old Higbee Mill

<DT class=quote>____________________________
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything!
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

</DT>

Brad -

I am actually in North Richmond. I work in Lexington (At the big facility at new-circle and newtown). At least I work there at the moment!!

-Ryan

Halfway between Richmond and Winchester, near the river.
    Recently move here from Eclectic, Alabama.

The Greater Corinth Metropolitan Area.