Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turner Interview: Mike Stafford

1. Thanks everyone. I love writing funny stuff and the interview was no exception. Lee, I could think of no other reason for my body mass to height ratio except that I did not attain my full height.

Yeah, Travis, exotic dancing is fun but it real hard on your legs. The tips were not that good in Fargo.....
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stafford
    ...Yeah, Travis, exotic dancing is fun but it real hard on your legs. The tips were not that good in Fargo.....
    Yeah...but you got to show off your cute little bottom!!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Very interesting! Nice to get to know you a little better, Big Mike!
    Ed

Mike, glad to know you better. I think you are one of the most talented individuals here at SMC. When I joined SMC one of the first posts I read was a post where Mike posted a box (flatwork) that I thought was beautiful. Mike singlehandly turned me on to box building, I could only dream of being as good as he is in flatland or the lathe. He is most unselfish of his time and in answering any question that I have had along the way. It's always a treat to see a post on SMC that contains the words... NEW Box by Mike Stafford. Mike, I would sure love to see some of that pen collection sometime, I am sure that some of the others would as well!

Corey

5. Corey, you are most generous with your comments. Thank you very much. I love boxes and I will try to infect as many people as I can with the box bug.
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Nice to know more about you Big Mike! I always enjoy your posts!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Nice to meet you Mr. Stafford! (AKA Deuce Bigalow) Really enjoyed
    reading about you. I don't think a turner can have to many turning tools, you don't mean I should stop at 40?? Love your work!!

WOW, who is this guy and what did you do with Big Mike?

Great interview Mike.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Good read Big Mike. Nice to get to know you a little better. You were so "matter of fact" about your exotic dancing that I wasn't going to say anything and being in Fargo... well, I guess I could see that. And of course you like turning exotic wood now... it all fits.

Ernie

Absolutely wonderful interview Big Mike!!!!!! I bet the crash dummy job was a real slap on the head!!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Hey, Big Mike, not only very informative but, truly entertaining! I'm going to recommend to the Admins here at the Creek to extend your act well into the future! Bravo!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Fun read Big Mike...nice to know ya.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

A pleasure to meet you. Enjoyed the interview

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Hey, Big Mike, not only very informative but, truly entertaining! I'm going to recommend to the Admins here at the Creek to extend your act well into the future! Bravo!!!

John, I am assuming with this proposed contract extension the remuneration will be negotiable? I may be easy but I am not that cheap....well....not that expensive either.
    Big Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stafford
    John, I am assuming with this proposed contract extension the remuneration will be negotiable? I may be easy but I am not that cheap....well....not that expensive either.
    Tell 'ya what, Big Mike: I'll give you half of my next Moderator's wage increase!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!