Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jessem Slidey TS Thing

1. Just bought a Jessem

And I really like it. I too got tired of putting my Incra 5000 on and off. I don't need a big panel sled sitting around or I don't feel the chop saw is necessary.

Cleared up enough room in the garage to fill it back up with a 15" planer when I can afford it. Like Gary said, they are a bit to setup, but extremely accurate once you've done that.

I posted a picture of it in a post here yesterday titled "Got my new toy installed..."
    Steven

Guys,
    Why not install a sacrificial piece of wood (stepped down) to allow a zero clearance crosscut fence plus allow the OH guard to com down further. See the picture of my EFSTS below.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the pictures Mike. About your problen with the dust collection. Does the fence really need to be that close to the blade? Maybe you could back it up a bit so that there is no interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pellow
    Thanks for the pictures Mike. About your problen with the dust collection. Does the fence really need to be that close to the blade? Maybe you could back it up a bit so that there is no interference.
    I'm pretty much certain that it doesn't have to be as close as I have it. If I move it too far away though I may not be able to position the tape correctly. It's still new to me, so I'm attempting to follow the vendors recommendations for operation, but I like Pauls' solution on his ESFTS. I'll have to copy that in some form or fashion. Nice tip Paul, Thank You.

at the Milwaukee Woodworking Show, Woodcraft had this reduced to $479 for a show special. They had a long line at the ONE checkout register so I passed on it. Rockler sometimes runs a 25% off one item, I happened to be out of town when that hit. When it is on sale, I will probably buyone, but not at $549. Woodcraft said I could come in and try it out on the Unisaw they have in the classroom so I will then know for sure if it is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Peterson
    at the Milwaukee Woodworking Show, Woodcraft had this reduced to $479 for a show special. They had a long line at the ONE checkout register so I passed on it. Rockler sometimes runs a 25% off one item, I happened to be out of town when that hit. When it is on sale, I will probably buyone, but not at $549. Woodcraft said I could come in and try it out on the Unisaw they have in the classroom so I will then know for sure if it is for me.
    I passed up a similar deal at the Toronto Woodworking Show where I was offered it for $529 (Cdn) -which works out to about $463 (US).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler
    I'm pretty much certain that it doesn't have to be as close as I have it. If I move it too far away though I may not be able to position the tape correctly. It's still new to me, so I'm attempting to follow the vendors recommendations for operation, but I like Pauls' solution on his ESFTS. I'll have to copy that in some form or fashion. Nice tip Paul, Thank You.
    You could always purchase on of those sticky tape strips and put on your own scale. By the way that's what I had to do for the JessEm miter gauge that I recently purchased because the darn thing came with an Imperial only scale. No very good , particularly for a Canadian company. I stuck a metric scale to the other side.