Thread: WOW! Nice guy and small gloat

Red face WOW! Nice guy and small gloat

First things first. My future son-in-law (who has been helping me work on my new workshop) stopped by the house this evening and said he had something to drop off. I go outside with him and there, in the back of his truck, was a very new looking Campbell-Hausfield 22 Gallon 5 HP (and yes, I know about that HP rating being more of a wish than a fact ) vertical air compressor! I said "Where did you get it?" .... at a pawn shop he says. Great, how much did it cost me? He says he got it for $100.00. I say to him "Well, I'll get your money for you" and he says "I don't want your money. I want this shop to get done as bad as you do. Let's go see if it'll work where you wanted it to go." It fits. Perfectly. Right beside the G0440 Cyclone that has not been fired up yet. Still got to run the rest of the ductwork. Oh well, in good time.

Now, as to my (future) son-in-law. He is a wonderful guy. Not just because he got me an air compressor (though that won't hurt him any) but because he wants this workshop to happen too. I have been playing around with home construction and remodels all my life and I just knew I didn't have the patience to be a woodworker. This guy says to me, "How do you know if you don't try?" So here I am, closing in on finishing my workshop and can hardly wait to start my first (non-shop) project. Won't be any pics unless it turns out a whole lot better that I expect. No pics of the shop .... yet. I will soon.

Thanks for listening.

Brad

Good for you!! I'm with your future SIL, GO FOR IT!! I'm anxious to see pictures of the shop, completed or not. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Brad, I'm guessing you raised a wonderful daughter, to have attracted & "retained" your new son-in-law-to-be. Congrats on all...

Dave

That was a good move by him! I should have done that before i got married. Hope it serves you well!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell
    Good for you!! I'm with your future SIL, GO FOR IT!! I'm anxious to see pictures of the shop, completed or not. Jim.
    Soon, Jim, soon. I promise. Thanks for the words.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Harker
    Brad, I'm guessing you raised a wonderful daughter, to have attracted & "retained" your new son-in-law-to-be. Congrats on all...

Dave
    Dave, Well I'm kinda partial towards her but that probably doesn't count.

He is definately a keeper!

Brad

Josh,

I'm sure both he and the compressor will.

Brad

You're truly a luck man, Brad Noble! Obviously, a great daughter, who just happens to have found not only a partner for life, but a friend for you, as well! Dang, I wish I were that lucky! My 2 step-daughters both married a couple maroons, each ending in divorce and now my own oldest daughter hooked up with yet another idgit!!! (I'm still holding out hope for our youngest, when she gets old enough! At least she has some common sense!!! ) Enjoy the new (alleged) shop and compressor!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John,

Well, I must admit that my daughters have had the same run of bad luck. My oldest is now re-married and if she gives him up I'm taking her in for treatments! My youngest (who is now near 32 yrs old) is on her second attempt. Needless to say, the first attempts for both girls were not good but this second go round has all the promise this old Dad could ask for.

What more could I want? A (alleged) new shop, a fine SIL and another fine fiture SIL. Now, where's my Grizzly catalog...

Brad