Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Turner Interview: Dale Thompson

No Suprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chaffee
    Heck man, even your dog Indy is better looking than most people who choose to associate with me!!!
    Hey Arena,
    I'm sorry to break the news but Indy is a Conservative! That should NOT come as a surprise!

Sorry, bud!

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Thanks for sharing, Dale.

Pictures

Thanks for the photos Dale, really brings the interview to life.

Keep smilling, Don.

Exclamation Notes from a fellow Cheesehead....

Hey Dale, sorry it took so long for me to respond to this diatribe of drivel but, it took my two surviving brain cells this long to read through all of it. After completing the read...No, even while reading, I couldn't help but think, "Sheeesh, what a waste! This man is educated, worked his way up the corporate ladder, wasted time trying to teach some snot-nosed kids stuff and has even dabbled in perfecting ways to make fancy firewood. And all along, he missed his true avocation of being a comedian!"

Seriously, I thoroughly enjoyed the read and was intrigued by all that you have done over the years, not the least of which is, raising a wonderful family. It's wonderful to have been filled in on a few points, which I hadn't known about you and a pleasure to have "met" you again.

For those out there who may even have the slightest inclination to think that this man has any gruffness to him (as he often loves to portray), please allow me to dispel any doubts that he is all of the opposite! I have had my phone ring on occasions when I was going through some tough times in my life. When my beloved Lab died (Mitsy), Dale called to give me comfort. When he found out I that I'm having "certain" medical issues, he's on the horn to support me and give me encouragement. PM's and phone calls, timed just right to bring me back "up" into the "Land of the Living". Nope...Absolutely no gruffness about this individual. His people skills go beyond anything I can write. His woodworking skill are beyond reproach, no matter how he tries to paint that picture! I can only hope and pray that one day before I die, I can say, "My life has reached a level even a small percentage of the man that Dale Thompson is!" I am proud to know that man, proud to call him a fellow Cheesehead but, most of all, proud to call him my friend!!! Dale, you've touched many lives over the years, not the least of which is mine. Thank you, kind Sir!!!
    Last edited by John Miliunas; 03-10-2006 at 9:21 AM.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

5. Quite a testimony, John. I appreciated reading it, along with Dale's interview.

Dale, thanks for posting the pictures!!!!!!

Thanks for the pictures Dale! Great looking family, great shop. Nice to put a face (I think) with the interviewee
    941.44 miles South of Steve Schlumph

TURN SAFE

Pleased to meet you Dale! Injoyed reading your interview, beautiful
    family to be proud of. John blew your cover as a mean ole dude! so now
    you can only respond with sweet, sugary dribble to all posts.

Note the Shield!

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart
    Cool Interview Mr. Thompson! (I'm trying to not appear retarded)
    It's a pleasure to meet you sir.
    John,
    "There's nothing wrong with retardation" - Jeremiah Thompson

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    What did he say .
    I had to read this with a dictionary .
    Good one Dale. Looking forward to our meeting.
    Hey Howl,
    Get a bigger Dictionary. You don't have to be limited to those little itsy-bitsy ones that can be "hidden" in a pair of thongs!

Likewise, bud!

Dale T.

A word of caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Laustrup
    PESH!!!You forgot "PESH".

There are a bunch of others, but we won't go there at this time.

Great interview. I certainly hope you can find your way to LaCrosse next month. Hopefully that '62 DeSoto will make it that far. I'll even shower the day of and I'm sure if Spring decides to come up, he can be convinced to do the same.

Karl
    Hey Dells,
    I'll try to be nice about this but, if you and Spring shower on the same day, the downflow may plug the Mighty Mississippi and LaCrosse will be flooded!

We may have to change our meeting site to Provo, Utah, or somewhere with some REALLY high ground. Pike's Peak should be safe!

Thanks for your comments!!

Dale T.

Dale, I want to come over and play at your house. the slot car set up is sweet!! Do the grandkids get to play or just big kids? Very kewl, I bet you have quite a selection of 1/32nd slots to run on it as well!

corey

Spring, Spring, SPRING!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Hey Dale, sorry it took so long for me to respond to this diatribe of drivel but, it took my two surviving brain cells this long to read through all of it. After completing the read...No, even while reading, I couldn't help but think, "Sheeesh, what a waste! This man is educated, worked his way up the corporate ladder, wasted time trying to teach some snot-nosed kids stuff and has even dabbled in perfecting ways to make fancy firewood. And all along, he missed his true avocation of being a comedian!"

Seriously, I thoroughly enjoyed the read and was intrigued by all that you have done over the years, not the least of which is, raising a wonderful family. It's wonderful to have been filled in on a few points, which I hadn't known about you and a pleasure to have "met" you again.
    Hey Bud,
    You will note that I deleted the last portion of your message. I have told you MILLIONS of times to ALWAYS be aware of the location of your tool rest when you bend over to retrieve that errant piece of sandpaper. You obviously stood up too fast and took a REAL blow to the back of the head! Don't be concerned, though, minor concussions are OFTEN accompanied by hallucinations.

When you get to be MY age, the problem will exist with or WITHOUT severe cranial trauma! Ever more frequently, I find myself lapsing into episodes where I think that I am Napoleon. Then I look in the mirror and true reality unleashes its brutal reality. I'm not Napoleon at all! I'm "Pretty Boy" Floyd!

Spring, you will NEVER know!

Dale T.

Open racing!

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Hallagan
    Dale, I want to come over and play at your house. the slot car set up is sweet!! Do the grandkids get to play or just big kids? Very kewl, I bet you have quite a selection of 1/32nd slots to run on it as well! corey
    Corey,
    EVERYONE gets to race!! Yep! I've got a pretty large stable of cars!
    Unfortunately, I've got a very SMALL stable of WINS!

That is, until I get out my MAD MAX WILLIAMS F-1 RED ROCKET! Mario Andretti, himself, would be intrimidated by the way that I virtually make the 18' straight "disappear, "slam" the high bank and incredibly negotiate the remaining complexities of the track!

All things equal, however, I am checking with the State Attorney General to see if there is a law against killing kids who beat an old guy on his own HOME track! Remember that the old guy is already partially petrified and rigor mortis is within millimeters of his remaining brain cells. Remember also that the old guy is ME!!

Keep the shiny side UP!

Dale T.

I'm confused?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ramsey
    Pleased to meet you Dale! Injoyed reading your interview, beautiful
    family to be proud of. John blew your cover as a mean ole dude! so now
    you can only respond with sweet, sugary dribble to all posts.
    Mike,
    Who is "John"? If you are talking about my ex-buddy "Spring", you are wasting your time! Since he recklessly blew my cover of almost 65 years, I now have agents from the FBI, KGB, CIA, PTA, SPCA, etc. crawling all over my "Moonshine Empire" and shaking pennies out of my "piggy bank".

Just when I thought that I was safe, along came "Spring"!

Dale T.

The REAL truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Cothren
    Quite a testimony, John. I appreciated reading it, along with Dale's interview.
    Mark,
    Don't be fooled by Spring's post! He extorted a LOT of bucks from me to write it. When he cashes the check, I will be bankrupt, Judi and I will be homeless and my grandkids will go without milk or food when they next visit.

Whatever MY problems, many kudos go to you for putting up with my many stupid questions while we were working on this interview. As I mentioned in one of my messages, you must have an outstanding level of patience, dignity and tolerance to work with a rather "odd" character such as I.

Thanks again, Mark, it was FUN!!

Dale T.