Thread: Need bags for Delta 50-850? No help from Delta

Need bags for Delta 50-850? No help from Delta

I have been to two are Delta distributors looking for chip bags for my Delta 50-850 Dust Collector with no luck. I am going to pump this outside this summer, but for now I need some new bags. Each distributor did not carry them and could not give me a price. Boy was I ticked. After driving around, I have about as much in gas in to this as the whole machine cost. I contacted Delta to complain and the response I got was to visit the Dewalt website and I could order them from there. I went there and zip, the bags were not listed where they told me to go and I could not find them anywhere. I contacted them again and I am still without bags!! Does anyone know where I can pick up a couple????

Boy Delta customer service is nothing like some of the others I have dealt with. No wonder they are Delta DeWalt and Porter Cable. That is the only way they will be able to compete with the better companies out there.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Michael - Do You Mean The Lower Bags?

If so, HD sells "contractor-grade" garbage bags that are slightly lighter weight but they'll work fine.
    They're opaque, though so you'll have to pat the bag to get an idea of how filled it is.
    Otherwise, just find a place that sells supplies to cleaning companies.
    Depending on their inventory, they should have a reasonable selection.

BUT....

if you need an upper bag, I've NEVER used the upper bag that came with my 50-850.

I'd be happy to work out a price with you if that's the item you need.

HTH
    Howard
    Howard Rosenberg

Delta

Delta has become another word for non support. If you need replacement parts, good luck. Delta from my recent experience couldn't care less about your problem.

Michael,

I did a search and found several on line sources for part # 50-364 6mil 2.4 cubic ft plastic chip bags. My local dealer, Superior Distributing, Indianapolis, IN have them in stock as well. (1-800-622-44620) I am sorry that you are having a problem finding them. I am doing some research and I am going to try and find a wholesale bulk source for them because we use a lot of them here at the school.

John....I assure you that Delta cares for all their customers. All the people I know at Delta & Dewalt & Porter-Cable really do care about their customers and their level of service. They try very hard to help the customers and they do try to offer good customer support.
    I am sorry that you are having difficulties. Let me know if I can be of any help with parts or service. I would be most happy to help in any way I can. I do the Master Clinics at THE WOODWORKING SHOWS for Delta. At every show I see and hear that they truly want to help.

Good luck,

Mike

Thanks for all the help! I think I will try HD for some contractors bags. I am hoping to pipe this puppy outside this summer and eliminate the bags all together so I don't want to spend a bunch of money. I have to agree about Delta, their customer service stinks. I am sure if Grizzly, Yorkcraft ect. keep doing what they are doing, it will be just a matter of time before Delta is on the bottom of the pile. Overpriced, no customer service and their machine quality is getting very bad. I had the same trouble with them a few years back when I bought their Midi Wood Lathe. It was shipped with out any bolts holding the motor housing together. Finally got it resolved, but it took so long that I was ready to sell it at a loss and go with something else. Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me and you will never get the chance to screw me a third time. I have to say, I think my relationship with Delta is over.

Thanks again,

Michael

DC Bags

Michael,

I get plastic bags for my Delta DC from Penn State. A case of ten 7 mil Bags is $21.95.

I tried Amazon and they are backordered! I did get a call from Delta thanks to someone on this forum. They informed me that the parts website was all messed up and apologized for the local distributor. They are sending out some bags next week. They were very nice and friendly and put forth the effort to correct things. But it took someone from here to let them know I was poping off where others could hear me !!! What really ticks me off, and I think they may address it is their local distributor. They blew me off 3 times. I punctured the bag and went to them looking for a replacement. I could understand them not having one in stock, but come on they could have ordered it. The second distributor was almost a hundred miles from my home ( had to go there on busness anyways) and basically got the same run around. So are the folks who will hurt Delta.

Well all is well I guess. Should have a bag by next week. In the mean time I will settle for a garbage bag.

Thanks everyone,

Michael

Welcome to China crap, you'll be lucky if you can find hard parts for it 10 years after it was made. And this is what the CEO's at Delta get paid rediculous salaries for ? Or should I say Black & Decker now ?

I have a pair of heavy felt Penn State bags on my 50-850. I'm very happy with them.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

rockler's also got them. i found out after i popped my first bag and attempted to patch it several times without success using duct tape.

While I don't KNOW that it will, I suspect this will work:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/h6899

Andy Haney

Here are some bags I use. They are very thick 30gal size.

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/c...00dustbags.htm

The JET clear bags for the 1200 will work just fine. I picked some up at Woodcraft last week for my 50-850. A little pricey at $20 for 5 but I usually empty the bag and reuse them. This time I let it get too full and it had to be changed. They don't list them on the website but they had them in the store.