Thread: Weekend doings

Weekend doings

Well, my weekend was a bust. Spent most of Saturday and all of Sunday programing for a client that ended up not buying!

I wanted to get started on the cyclone although I did manage to clean the shop and organize things a bit in preparation. Compressor preassure guage(HF surprise!) busted so I spent sometime replacing and rerouting some tubing.

Heres some pics of that "disaster".
    WWDSCF0378.jpg
    Busted diaphram!
    WWDSCF0379.jpg
    I bought a couple of planes at a flea market, the guy has a ton of old planes, can't wait to go look at them next weekend. Just touching those old tools gives you an increadable sense of history.

WWDSCF0381.jpg

The weather was increable this weekend but I didnt get to ride my bike, big time bummer.

WWDSCF0382.jpg stayed in the garage all weekend

so what did everyone do this weekend, I heard the Orlando show was good?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Hey Julio, cleaning up the shop before a big project is part of the project, trust me

I call that "Clearing the decks for action" and it helps when you are in the middle of things and you can actually find the tool you are looking for!!

I got working on a sharpening station for my lathe tools, plus the regular Saturday work and we had to work Sunday at the L shop as well.

Cheers!

I cleaned up my shop and listed the 12" Delta BS on ebay. Making room for a 'new' planer and a new workbench.

I put out 45 raised panel knotty pine doors on Saturday. I had the parts all cut and shaped assembly and sanding only. I couldn't stay away from the auction across the road, I had to go over there a few times to see what was going on but believe it or not I didn't buy a thing. On Sunday I installed the crown on the kitchen I'm working on and messed around in the yard some. I cut 2 dead trees and one that had been damaged in a storm last weekend. Pretty productive weekend for me I suppose.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

clean the shop this weekend
    I'm getting ready to start building new kitchen cabinets
    Mike

Sat. morning I picked up the steel for the mobile base for my Unisaw. Managed to get it all welded up & painted I'll give the paint a day or 2 to cure & then I can get the saw in it and finish aligning up the extension table.
    The new owner of my old (early 60's) Craftsman TS stopped by & picked that up, so I did get a little extra space back. Sorry to see it go, but that's life.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Labadie
    Sat. morning I picked up the steel for the mobile base for my Unisaw. Managed to get it all welded up & painted I'll give the paint a day or 2 to cure & then I can get the saw in it and finish aligning up the extension table.
    Got any pictures of the mobile base?

good weekend-not long enough!

I was actually pleased for a change with my weekend! Got the new Unisaw completely set up, cleaned a load of junk out of my garage (where does all that stuff come from?), put the new saw (almost) in its new home, cleaned the contractor saw it is replacing........the only thing that went wrong this weekend was that the time ran out--I'd be taking a vacation day today if I had any vacation time built up. And the weather was great....you couldn't ask for anything better. I'm always happy when I can work with the doors raised! When I get home this evening I'm hanging pegboard so I can get better organized. I'm --can ya tell???

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Got a special boost from the creek this weekend. Thanks so much to all.
    Creeker visit. Checked off a few items on the home remuttle punch list.
    Lots of family time.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Julio,
    I can get a couple tonite or tomorrow.
    Ed

I spent most of the weekend doing daddy duty. Ian and I went tool shopping on Saturday and found a great place for tools right here in Rochester. I had no idea they carry all the stuff they do. Only bought a box of sanding disks though.

I did get about an hour of shop time to work on the jaws for a new gaff for the sailboat. I figure since the boat is getting a new suit of sails this year, she might as well have new spars. We'll see if I can get them done in time.

Finally, I got a nice fuzzy and a smile when I read about Tyler's mom after his request for prayers.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    [quote=Dave Richards]I spent most of the weekend doing daddy duty. Ian and I went tool shopping on Saturday and found a great place for tools right here in Rochester. I had no idea they carry all the stuff they do. Only bought a box of sanding disks though.

So what's the new tool place?? Tommy's???
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Installed a Jet AFS 1000B

I have exposed floor joists in the ceiling of my basement shop, so I went with the mounting brackets (32” on center) as opposed to the eye bolts. I layed out and pre-drilled holes for the lag bolts I used. A couple heavy duty ceiling hooks, a pulley, a short piece of rope with a hook assisted the operation. I snugged a tie down strap around the unit, centered over the built in handles. My wife and I lifted the unit up while my 11 year old daughter assisted with rope/hooks/pulley/tie down strap assembly. Once the unit was in position, my daughter held the weight while I installed the lags. The installation went smoothly and took all of 5 minutes. The planning and set-up prior to the install took about an hour. This is one of those situations where it paid to take my time and think and plan, rather than just try to muscle it.<O</O

Tyler, yep. Thomas Tool. I hadn't been in to their new location before and only once in their old location. General, Shop Fox and Delta were the stationary brands I saw.