Thread: Wader's Weekend Accomplishments....

Question Wader's Weekend Accomplishments....

Well....another weekend has come and gone. It's now time to fess up if you got any shop time this past weekend or not and what you did.

I spent time with the family as we decided to venture a little further in Arkansas and go see Mount Nebo. What a wonderful place to visit and there were deer roaming around and we even got to see live BobCats, Wolves, Owls, Hawks and other birds. They said that there is Black Bear up there as well, but we didn't see any on Saturday. Sunday was church and then I spent a little time in the shop assembling one of the benches for LOML's kitchen table. Other than that.....that's all I did this weekend.....besides working for "work" a little.

Best of Weeks.......
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Do you guys lose your edge?

After a summer full of honey do lists and just general goofing off, I find I am having difficulty getting back into the shop mode. Even the most simple task seem to be causing me problems.
    Does this happen to everyone or is it just me?

I sure will be glad when a can put the lawn mower up for the winter.
    Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
    Don

Yup...shop time as well as visible progress on my kitchen renovation. As you can see, the "uppers got upper". I also started putting together the last base cabinet--the ell at the south end. That one had to wait until the drywall was complete so that it would fit "precisely" between the wall and the support column. I also discovered that my shop actually does have a floor, albeit a very dirty one at present!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My doings...

I spent a good portion of yesterday afternoon putting together a prototype for a flag case I want to give my Mom for Christmas. I had some scrap oak plywood laying around that is perfect for this type of fabrication. I'm glad that i decided to go the "prototype" route. Taught myself a few things, and saved what would have been a few very costly mistakes with the walnut I'm going to use for the final product.

Other than that, my weekend was spent making sure my pregnant wife didn't move around too much, and hanging out with my son. All in all, a great weekend!!

Now it's back to the 'ol grind.....but at least I haven't been outsourced...yet!!

Keith

Not a whole lot of shop time, but some. Spent time making some cutting and assembly jigs for making these chairs. Our local woodworking club will make a production run of these things this Wednesday evening at my shop. They are very comfortable. They might turn into a product I sell on my web site... Dunno yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

No shop time again

I'm really torn - I desperately need to clean & organize the shop - and build storage & benches to make it workable, as well as run electric outlets & lights. The problem is I just don't have that much time available so when I do get out to the shop I just make it messier & more disorganized. It's basically at the point that it is unusable. Oh well!

Saturday my work held a big 5K run & a yard sale to benefit Habitat for Humanity. I was basically the point man for the event, with the help of 4 or 5 others. It was a lot of work & doesn't seem like it was worth it till I keep reminding myself of the $9,500 check we're going to write to Habitat this week. Then it poured rain from about 1/2 hour after the event for most of the afternoon. I did stop by to check on a friend that was doing wainscotting that I was supposed to help with - but I just checked & didn't do anything so it doesn't qualify as woodworking.

Sunday was Church & then a picnic for the ASP group that went down to W. Va. last month to work on houses.
    Hopefully this week I'll get to at least turn a bowl or something.

After telling LOML about Ken's pen turning demo at 5 barns - she said she'd like me to make her a purple pen of course this means I'll have to order the pen making kit & some purpleheart to get started
    Maybe I'll practice on some of my spalted/figured maple I have.
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Where did it go?

Man, the weekend flew by in a hurry, but then don't they all. What with company and the jazz festival, I didn't get a whole lot of shop time, but did get to spend a few hours out there Saturday morning. Got the second template made for cutting through mortises (the first was a skosh big) and tested out. Waiting on a compression bit to arrive from Eagle America and then I can get the mortises cut.

Dennis, Mt. Nebo is a pretty neat place, Huh? How bout that road going up? Were there any hang gliders taking off?

Have a great week all,
    Bob

Spent some time relaxing after a week-long vacation camping with my two sons. At ages 3 and 5, they were pretty wound up all week.

Saturday I celebrated my birthday with a few friends doing my best to convince everyone I'm not an old fart yet. I turned 40...

-Kevin

Well, I did get to sneak into the shop for about an hour Sunday. I wanted more time, but the wife had a business trip to Boston and had to leave early in the day, my boy was suppose to be a good boy and hang out with his sister for awhile. Didn't work out that way, so I only got an hour. Spent some time routing and installing wire troughs, wire grommets, ventilation holes, face frames and shelf holes in a built-in stereo cabinet.

Spent the rest of the weekend driving 5 hours for a wedding and then back again. Blew two whole days in the shop, but I guess it is OK. Been potty training the son, he made it the whole trip without an accident, so Sunday we went to pick up his new 12VDC 4 wheeler. The battery should be charged tonight, so I will try and post a pic of him on his maiden voyage. It's kind of fun with this potty training thing, he gets so excited when he poops in the toilet (so do mom and dad). He has to tell everyone (so do mom and dad). Next step will be the night thing, but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.... finally, took bribing him with a new 4 wheeler to do it. But at least it was paid for by the hail storm (his jeep took a mortar attach and got holes blown through it).
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lasley
    Man, the weekend flew by in a hurry, but then don't they all. What with company and the jazz festival, I didn't get a whole lot of shop time, but did get to spend a few hours out there Saturday morning. Got the second template made for cutting through mortises (the first was a skosh big) and tested out. Waiting on a compression bit to arrive from Eagle America and then I can get the mortises cut.

Dennis, Mt. Nebo is a pretty neat place, Huh? How bout that road going up? Were there any hang gliders taking off?

Have a great week all,
    Bob

Bob,

there were several hang gliders up there but the winds wouldn't cooperate enough for them to take the plunge. They were hoping that later in the day that the winds would be good enough to take the leap off the cliffs......maybe we will get to see them fly next time we visit. Next, we hope to visit Mount Magazine....supposed to be fairly new opening up there now....
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.