Thread: How Too in Corel Draw 12

How Too in Corel Draw 12

I sent the following message to Corel Draw support. Please understand I own Corel Graphics Suite 9, Corel Draw 11, Corel Painter and also Corel Draw Graphics Suite 12, in addition to Corel Designer. Gee, you would think I might get one question answered.

To Corel support: "I use Corel Draw 12 and work on a laser engraving machine. We work with black and white or 256 shades of grey. How can I change the color of the spacing arrows. I select the Shape tool and often cannot find the "Interactive horizontal spacing arrow in the bottom-right corner" to drag it. I tried modifing the colors of several icons in under "tools" and "customization" but cannot find these two. I would like to change them to purple,green,red or orange. Great products. Thanks, Hale"

The response I got was: "The serial number provided with your inquiry has been mass-distributed under the terms of an OEM agreement. OEM or "bundled" software releases are not offered with warranty support.

If your product vendor sold you this Corel product with the claim that it was a valid retail product, we suggest that you contact Corel's anti-piracy department at nopiracy@corel.com.

Additional information about software piracy can be obtained by visiting http://www.corel.com/piracy."

Well.... I didn't have any problem registering the product at Corel. And I bought it on Ebay as OEM software. Corel Draw 11 was full retail package.

At any rate, does anyone know how to change the arrows so they show up when working with text on a greyscale or black and white image? These are the arrows that let you change the spacing on a line of text by dragging it one way or the other. The answer would be greatly appreciated. I always find the pesky little boxes, but sometimes it takes a while.

Hale Reider

Http://snowflakesintime.com

I'm not exactly sure I follow what arrows you're referring to since I seem to be able to see mine just fine in V12, but this appears to work for me.

If it's not convenient to change the background color, then add something like a rectangle over the text and make it a color you can use. Now bring the text to the front. When done, delete the rectangle.

Am I over-simplifying this? I may not understand the problem.

Hale,
    I bought my v12 from Ebay also thinking it was a full version. I to registered it w/Corel but when I asked for support got the same reply you did. I went ahead and just bought X3 outright from Corel, got the books and all and am pleased I did. I like the changes made in X3 vs 12. I chalked it up to a lesson learned about purchasing from Ebay.
    Bob....

Corel pricing

For what it's worth...try to find a copy of CorelDraw Essentials in a retail store, price should be about $80. Why? Because it makes you eligible for the upgrade price on CorelDraw X3. There's an anomaly in the Corel pricing: the difference between the full product price and the upgrade price for X3 is over $200.

There's a whole list of qualifying products for the upgrade on the Corel website.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

This is VERY timely info. It looks like I can buy Essentials and the upgrade from Amazon for $110 less than the full package.

Thanks!

BTW, most people don't realize that OEM software is usually only licensed to be distributed with specific hardware (a computer, scanner, printer, etc...) and usually can not legally be sold by itself. Also most OEM software only comes with tech support by the OEM, not by the software company. So if Epson includes CorelDraw with a scanner, typically you have to get your tech support from Epson, not Corel (there are some exceptions).

So typically buying OEM software by itself gives you no support. And if you buy it off ebay and it comes on a CD-R, you got burned even further, since it's actually pirate software and not even real OEM software.

I bought the X3 upgrade today from newegg.com, about $167 with tax and shipping.

You can check out this page at talkgraphics and find the link for a free Wacom Graphics tablet when you purchase Corel Draw X3. Occasionally useful, I have a couple.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=20166

Hale
    http://tobecherished.com