Thread: gas heater

gas heater

I'm looking at a gas heater it is vented this the description would comments good or bad,,,,thanks

"This is a counter flow heater, which means it has a fan at the top that blows the cool room air down over the heating surfaces and out the bottom of the unit. The unit is thermostatically controlled and includes the thermostat. The heater also includes the vent cap which mounts through the wall back of the heater to provide fresh air for the combustion and an exhust. "

Mike

A vented unit is the safest and best for shop use. Sealed is even better.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Mike, I have an Oakland Vented Gas Heater in my Basement Shop. It was here when I bought the house, and it works great. It also has a blower, is thermostatically controlled, and it is very safe. I just make sure I keep it clean.........I blow it out a few times a year to get rid of any accumulated dust and dirt. In the cold months, it helps take the chill off in the basement, and keeps the humidity under control when the Dehumidifier is not running. A sealed unit word be the best, but so long as you keep it clean and vented, a semi open unit would be fine. The unit you described is basically what I have also.

update on gas heater

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Evertsen
    I'm looking at a gas heater it is vented this the description would comments good or bad,,,,thanks

"This is a counter flow heater, which means it has a fan at the top that blows the cool room air down over the heating surfaces and out the bottom of the unit. The unit is thermostatically controlled and includes the thermostat. The heater also includes the vent cap which mounts through the wall back of the heater to provide fresh air for the combustion and an exhust. "
    the e-bay auction is over just got back from picking up the heater (furnace) I priced it at a few web sites the one that looks the closest 1200.00 I got it fotr 164.50 plus the guy thru in a couple 10' 1"x8"x9'
    ine shelves and a furnace blower and motor,,,,,the heater is a sealed combustion heater with thermostate,,,,,,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike