Thread: Mesquite source wanted

Mesquite source wanted

Well we took a wrong turn at Niagara Falls and ended up in Pharr, TX in the Rio Grand Valley. Really we are on a little vacation and will be heading towards home this week. I was hoping to pick up a little bid of Mesquite to play with. Just a bit for some boxes, frames... etc. I have asked many of the locals and they don't seem to know any source. I have been told to watch for brush being burned and there I will find the weed I'm looking for.

Does anyone know where I might get some? We plan on making stops in Kerrville, Fredricksburg, San Marcos, Clifton, Fort Worth and OKC on our way north. I will be happy to find something 6-8" X 4-6' or failing that something milled already. We are a family of 5 in a truck camper so I can't go over board on quantity. (surely he didn't intend that cheesy pun - yup, I'm afraid so.)

Any suggestions on where to go (yes, for the wood) are appreciated.
    Will trade Sawmill Creek wine bottles for Mesquite if you have some and we can visit.

I don't have constant connection but enough ejits have unsecured wifi out there that I have been able to snag a connection every day somewhere in my travels.

Thanks (y'all) - Chris

Check with Curtis Seabeck (may be Seebeck or Seaback), he is a SMC member in or around San Marcus, TX. Curtis has turning blanks and may have a source for boards.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

Chris, why don't you PM Kirk (KC) Constable, as he works mostly in Mesquite, and lives East of San Antonio kinda toward Seguin, and is a member of the Texas Mesquite Association, and would most likely be familiar with suppliers in the areas you will be traveling through, or at least give you a contact that could help. He changed jobs a while back, and due to his current work schedule, (I think he works nights), hasn't been on line quite as often lately as he was able to before. I'm sure you've seen his work in Mesquite here on the Creek.

If all else fails, you might contact the Texas Mesquite Association, (located in Fredricksburg, Texas) and get some information there. Their website is;
    http://www.texasmesquiteassn.org/ and their phone # is; 830 997-8515.

Good Luck

PS: Be sure to get some Pictures of the Blue Bonnets which should just now be beginning to bloom in the "Hill Country" area of Texas. Kerrville is in that area. In two or three more weeks they will be awsome.
    Last edited by Norman Hitt; 03-20-2006 at 1:57 AM.
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".

Chris,

www.curlywoods.com located jsut north of Dallas. All the best. Dave.

Try http://www.texaskilnproducts.com in Smithville, southeast of Austin.
    Haven't been there yet.

That's the place

What Ken said!