Thread: Bob Marino and Festool

Bob Marino and Festool

Well brown stopped in this evening and this is what he brought. After reading all the praise for Festool and Bob Marino I put it to the test. From my short sanding session this evening I am sold on Festool. I e-mailed Bob on Friday morning and he answered within the hour. We exchanged a few e-mails and I finally called him and he helped me decide to go with the CT33 and the ETS150/3. Bob e-mailed my tracking number first thing Monday morning and Tuesday evening I am sanding. Bob is first class when it comes to service. I picked up the Bosch 1250 primarily for heavy stock removal and my wallet couldn't handle the RO150 too. When sanding you don't even hear the dust collector running at all. I am a convert. Thanks Bob for all your help.

festool 04.jpg

Those sanders are sweet. I have a 150/3 hooked to a fein mini.
    Couldn't choke down the price on the vac they have.

I agree

Bob a good guy to do business with. Knows his product and is quick to respond to questions.

Dave

Festool

My CT 22 arrived today. Nice piece of kit. Simple yet impressive. Bob Marino rides again. He has an "A" game.

Welcome to the "Festool owners club" Marty. I am sure that these two machines will not be your only purchases from Bob.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Tool Snobs...........And I'm proud to be a member.
    Love that stuff
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Welcome to the "Green & Black" tool club. And ALL tool sales people should be as knowledgeable about there products as he is.............

Marty,
    Sounds like a great pair from what I have heard. I am thinking about getting the CT22 and the ETS150/3. Why did you choose the CT33 over the CT22? I will need to make the decision soon and wondered if anyone has input.

I have found the Festool kit to be first rate. But the US sales force does indeed leave a bit to be desired. Oliver zealots can be hard on sales folk since we are acustomed to getting what we want.

But I have found one Festool salesman who is first rate. UNCLE FESTER. Actually his nickname is Fester because he is the spitting image of uncle fester from that wacky hunted TV show of the 1960s. Uncle Fester hangs out at Minuteman Supply in Windsor Colorado. He is also an excellent cabinet maker by trade and has made some awsome woodworking projects. Look him up if you get a chance.
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

I got an AT55/CT22 and the 1400 router from Bob around Christmas time. The items came quickly and were packaged well. Bob was first rate to deal with. I plan on buying additional Festool products as I can afford them, and I will buy them from Bob.

Jim dePrado

I agree that Bob is a top notch Festool ISA. You might as well get on direct deposit with him because once you start using Festools, it's all over I have the 150/3 also - use it to death and my PC333 and Dewalt have become shelf decorations. Think about getting the Rotex, it has both a 5mm orbit and of course, a very agressive, but controlled setting as well. Between the two sanders, the 150/3 being more of a finsih sander, the whole sanding department is pretty much covered after the milling process.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim dePrado
    I got an AT55/CT22 and the 1400 router from Bob around Christmas time. The items came quickly and were packaged well. Bob was first rate to deal with. I plan on buying additional Festool products as I can afford them, and I will buy them from Bob.

Jim dePrado

May I ask a question here? Does Jim imply here that buying from Bob is not the same as buying from the Festool website? Does he have his own website? Do I remember correctly that "Uncle Bob" is an owner or pres or top manager of some sort of Festool store?

Thank you very much.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios
    May I ask a question here? Does Jim imply here that buying from Bob is not the same as buying from the Festool website? Does he have his own website? Do I remember correctly that "Uncle Bob" is an owner or pres or top manager of some sort of Festool store?

Thank you very much.
    Yes you are buying from Festool at Festool prices, but buying from Bob gives you the bonus of dealing with someone who responds quickly and well to requests and who will go out of his way to help you. Bob does have his own web site: http://festool.safeshopper.com/

Mark, Bob is an independent sales agent for Festool. He does have his own web site. I have bought many tools from him over the last couple of years. He is as good as they get.

Brian

Festool is the way to go and Bob is the way to buy it. We have one each with duel Vacs. 32 feet of track lets us cut or rout a straight line to infinity. Why would we want to do that, I donno
    Bob
    Poor Antonio Stradivari, he never had a Shaper