Thread: New tool inhouse

New tool inhouse

I've been on the lookout for a bandsaw for quite a while now and a deal finally came along that fit both budget and needs. It took 1.75 hours to put together from box to working saw. I still need to check table squareness to the blade but tracking, guide adjustment and a general once-over are done. I do see where the corner cutting as far as materials has gone compared to the older 3/4 HP Delta we use at work but I think this will fit my needs for the near future. Except for the blade that came with it, wow, I think I'll have to head down to the store for a couple of decent ones this weekend. In any case, the mandatory picture is below. I'm in the middle of rearranging my shop so for now it gets center stage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very cool before you run down to the WW store, I would give the folks at Suffulk machinery a call... They make the timberwolf blades and the prices direct from them is much better than what you would pay from Rockler/Woodcraft/Woodworker's Source (since you are in PHX )
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

I was checking them out the other day. That buy 3 get one free deal is nice. I think I'll go with them and give myself a nice assortment of blades for a good price. There certainly has a lot of praise for them here. I wasn't expecting the saw till next month so I'm not as prepared as I planned.

I just got my 4 blades! The quality is visible right out of the box,I got 4 high quality blades for under 60 bucks and the service was the best. I havent tried them jest as I am in the middle of a project but I will soon.
    Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

Brett, I presume yours is a 1 hp model 206. A couple of guys tested this model with the intention of buying it and both complained of serious vibration. In the end, they bought another brand, dispite numerous positive reviews of the delta saw. Let us know how yours works and if you come across any operational problems. I bought one of these as well and should be setting it up shortly.
    It seems that many companies design and build a winning product, then look for all sorts of ways to compromise it. Never know if the product you buy is exactly the same as that tested, or if cheaper parts or lax quality control etc are substituted to save a few $. Trusting brand reputation isn't a given any more.

nice

Congrats on the new saw Brett! Puts you in the mood to start a new project doesn't it?
    "Why do witches burn?" - sir Bedevere
    "Because they're made of wood?" - Villager

I just bought a 206 from Amazon about 4 weeks ago and I have not noticed any vibration. Runs smooth as silk. I'm very happy with it. And the price was fantastic.

Congrats! The Delta closed stand is a very nice saw. It'll last you a long time. Enjoy.

Thanks guys. In fact it does make me want to get a project going but first I have to get my shop back in shape. If you look in the background you'll notice barely contained chaos.

Rick, it is the 1hp and I'll let you know after I've put it to some heavier use but it was pretty steady when I cut through that stick of oak on the table with the provided blade. I'll have to give it the nickel test.

Brett, if you need some help with it let me know... I live in Glendale and work in Tempe.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Baldwin
    Thanks guys. In fact it does make me want to get a project going but first I have to get my shop back in shape. If you look in the background you'll notice barely contained chaos.

Rick, it is the 1hp and I'll let you know after I've put it to some heavier use but it was pretty steady when I cut through that stick of oak on the table with the provided blade. I'll have to give it the nickel test.
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood