Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OK Cheese Let's Do It

Thumbs up Wow right in my back yard!!!

A creeker gathering doesn't get much closer than this! I'm going to try and make it. But with twin boys (gloat) here since 12/22/05, we don't have a lot of, free time, much less shop time.
    Boys.jpg
    Last edited by Josh Bendel; 03-27-2006 at 2:20 PM.
    And remember, there is no more important rule than to wear these, safety glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bendel
    A creeker gathering doesn't get much closer than this! I'm going to try and make it. But with twin boys (gloat) here since 12/22/05, we don't have a lot of, free time, much less shop time.
    Boys.jpg
    Well fer cryin' out loud, Josh!!! You're just a stone's throw away from LaCrosse!!! Hope you can make it! Hey, BTW, cute kids!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Congrats Josh!
    Hope to see you there.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Latest Tally

This is the list I have as of 4/1/06. Did I miss anyone .
    Bill G.
    John M.
    Karl L.
    Joe B.
    Erin & Scott R.
    Dan R. ?
    Josh B.?

Please RSVP
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

[quote=Erin Raasch]Please add a couple of Cheeseheads to the list - Scott and I are planning on being there. Coincidentally, that's our anniversary weekend, and last year we made La Crosse the destination for our getaway weekend. Might as well make it a tradition.

We're honored to share in this occassion
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 04-01-2006 at 11:02 PM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Hmmmm??

Hi Howl,
    I'm not sure but I don't think I see MY name on the list? It may be that I am just a slow reader or maybe I'll check my "Medic Alert" bracelet for the proper spelling of my name.

I would like to bring my cousin John(Thompson - sorry - another one) along if that's OK. He just moved back to the area after 47 years in the big CA.

I would VERY much appreciate it if you would reserve a stool for me in the "NO SPRING OR DELLS" area of the meeting room. More and more places are designating those areas for the protection of their other patrons due to the obvious health concerns.

Dale T.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    This is the list I have as of 4/1/06. Did I miss anyone .
    Bill G.
    John M.
    Karl L.
    Joe B.
    Erin & Scott R.
    Dan R. ?
    Josh B.?

Please RSVP
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Thompson
    I would VERY much appreciate it if you would reserve a stool for me in the "NO SPRING OR DELLS" area of the meeting room. More and more places are designating those areas for the protection of their other patrons due to the obvious health concerns.

Dale T.
    Yeah Tyler, you need to be very, very careful about that! Most of the nicer eateries around here usually have a spot specially reserved for me! Typically, it's a plaque, right there next to the "Do Not Park In Front of Dumpster" sign! When I make reservations, they even cover up the "Do not play in or around container" signs, just so I feel a bit more ta home! Heck, the one real classy joint out here, even puts down yesterday's newspaper on the milk crate so my tushy is a bit more comfortable! Yup, nuthin' but the best for me!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Thompson
    Hi Howl,
    I'm not sure but I don't think I see MY name on the list? It may be that I am just a slow reader or maybe I'll check my "Medic Alert" bracelet for the proper spelling of my name.

I would like to bring my cousin John(Thompson - sorry - another one) along if that's OK. He just moved back to the area after 47 years in the big CA.

Dale T.
    EGAD! You mean there's more Thompson's? And they're moving here from LA LA land? Hopefully John doesn't do WW'ing also. I thought you had a pretty good handle on denuding the forests all by yourself Pesh.

You will find that trying to avoid Spring and me is like trying to avoid those winged cousins of the Terydactyl that frequent areas of the Peshtigo river and the northwoods during the summer.
    mosquito6a.jpg

Spring, I'll bring the wine. What year Red Mountain would you prefer? I'm not opposed to splurging on a fine vintage, but no more than $10 for a gallon.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Laustrup
    Spring, I'll bring the wine. What year Red Mountain would you prefer? I'm not opposed to splurging on a fine vintage, but no more than $10 for a gallon.

Karl
    Hey, is that a picture of our state bird??? Looks familiar!

Hmmmm...What year? Not sure. What's wrong with this year??? I never could understand why people pay extra money to buy those wines so far beyond their posted "freshness date"!!! What's wrong with those folks? I never drink milk more than two months past its "freshness date"! Don't make no sense to drink wine that's 10 or 15 or more years old, neither!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Laustrup
    EGAD! You mean there's more Thompson's? And they're moving here from LA LA land? Hopefully John doesn't do WW'ing also. I thought you had a pretty good handle on denuding the forests all by yourself Pesh. Karl
    Hey Dells,
    I am glad to inform you that John is not a "woodworker" in the true sense of the word that I, as "Pesh", have defined so accurately. John will not "denude" the forests as I have done. He was a remodeling contractor out in CA and gets HIS projects right the FIRST time! As everyone knows, I don't get MY projects right the LAST time!

I've been laughing at him because he will have to heat his house with gas or propane and I can heat mine, and many others, with "scrap"!

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

OK Tyler,
    I just got my hearing aids today, so rather than sitting around in a big group of people smiling broadly, looking like the village idiot, I will be able hear what you all say and respond, thereby proving that I am the village idiot!!!

What’s more, since my friend Dale is going to be there, I feel somewhat obligated to him to show up so he can use me as a living example of just how foolish bleeding heart liberals really are.

So please count me in for the dinner, tho I’ll most likely be called on to wash dishes before the evening’s conversation is done. I hope to become intoxicated in the kitchen finishing off the drinks that have lipstick smears on their lip (singular?), …err, noooo…, brims!!! Or rims!!!!, or whatever we might call that lovely orifice through which the sweetest nectars flow.

If I’m not welcome to join you, please PM me so I don’t hitch hike all that way for nothing.

Thanks,
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chaffee
    OK Tyler,
    I just got my hearing aids today, so rather than sitting around in a big group of people smiling broadly, looking like the village idiot, I will be able hear what you all say and respond, thereby proving that I am the village idiot!!!

What’s more, since my friend Dale is going to be there, I feel somewhat obligated to him to show up so he can use me as a living example of just how foolish bleeding heart liberals really are.

So please count me in for the dinner, tho I’ll most likely be called on to wash dishes before the evening’s conversation is done. I hope to become intoxicated in the kitchen finishing off the drinks that have lipstick smears on their lip (singular?), …err, noooo…, brims!!! Or rims!!!!, or whatever we might call that lovely orifice through which the sweetest nectars flow.

If I’m not welcome to join you, please PM me so I don’t hitch hike all that way for nothing.

Thanks,
    Frank
    Huh??? What did he say??? Speak up, my friend. I can't hear ya'!!! Ohhhh, no matter. I'll be settin' out at my 1st class dumpster, anyhow.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

[QUOTE=Tyler Howell]When they heard Pesh might be coming they said they better push it back to do things right. [QUOTE]

Hey Howl,
    Do I have to paint you a PICTURE or what!! I STILL haven't seen a list that includes my cousin John and I?? Are we NOT invited - or what?? I will have you know that Norwegians are legally protected by the 72,027,854,172nd Amendment to the Northern Siberian Constitution!

Also, with all of this "thong" stuff going around, I can only hope that Hog's or Piglet's or whatever that place is has an indoor restroom for "Men" as opposed to just a "Boys" Room and a "Ladies" Room! Please don't tell Mr. Grumbine that he will have to shave his legs before coming to YOUR party!

Lastly, even though you guys think that you can "sneak" this type of thing by MOI, I KNOW why you pushed the time forward!! You guys just don't have the necessary attention spans necessary to absorb all of the incredibly valuable and masterfully explained woodworking skills that I could so professionally convey to you folks in the "stolen" 30 minutes!

Dale T.
    Last edited by Dale Thompson; 04-06-2006 at 9:22 PM.

Well, I'm hoping I can make it.

Frank! Frank! FRANK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chaffee
    I am the village idiot!!!

I hope to become intoxicated in the kitchen finishing off the drinks that have lipstick smears on their lip (singular?), …err, noooo…, brims!!! Or rims!!!!,

"hitch hike all that way" Frank
    Hey Arena,
    How can you consider yourself to be the "village idiot"? Arena is not BIG enough to be a village!

I don't NEED to know how foolish a "bleeding heart Liberal" can be! I'm presently on my 37th reading of Ann Coulter's book, HOW TO TALK TO A LIBERAL - IF YOU HAVE TO!!

"Brim" is the preferred expression among the aristocracy.

Frank, don't sweat the "hitch hike" thing. Just shave one leg and flash it on the Interstate. Some "Viking" Fan will quickly pick you up and get you, at least, to the Minnesota border!

Hey, bud, kidding aside, I'm glad to see that you are still on board for the scheduled gathering.

One last thought, Frank. Check with Tyler on the REAL location! There is NO WAY that he would give ME the RIGHT one!

Dale T.