Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OK Cheese Let's Do It

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Thompson
    Hey Arena,
    How can you consider yourself to be the "village idiot"? Arena is not BIG enough to be a village!
    While it is still a matter of debate as to whether Arena is large enough to be a Village, it has more than doubled in size since I had the paper route here, and I can personally assure you it is large enough to have a village idiot!

I don't NEED to know how foolish a "bleeding heart Liberal" can be! I'm presently on my 37th reading of Ann Coulter's book, HOW TO TALK TO A LIBERAL - IF YOU HAVE TO!!
    If I could read, I would brush up on my Al Franken and Molly Ivins.

"Brim" is the preferred expression among the aristocracy.
    My class of folk have always thought “brim”, was the dripper edge of the expensive hats you dandy’s wore. We’ve always made do with old shirts dipped in paraffin and held on with a twisted bandanna or cutting from a worn out pant leg.

Frank, don't sweat the "hitch hike" thing. Just shave one leg and flash it on the Interstate. Some "Viking" Fan will quickly pick you up and get you, at least, to the Minnesota border!
    Dale, at my age, I wouldn’t have to shave my leg to get a ride (see below). However, even though my belly may be getting out of hand, with a properly cut tunic, I can cut quite a figure on the dance floor with the ladies (gender differentiation intended).

Hey, bud, kidding aside, I'm glad to see that you are still on board for the scheduled gathering.
    Likewise, friend.

One last thought, Frank. Check with Tyler on the REAL location! There is NO WAY that he would give ME the RIGHT one!
    Dale,
    I’m just off the conch with Tyler, and I have the precise coordinates of the gathering location: I don’t recognize these highway names, but he specifically told me we would all meet at the intersection of Latitude 90°41’00” and Longitude 42°35’00”. He suggested that we be prepared for amphibious travel, so I will caulk the pan on the four cylinder Mitsubishi (automobile), and direct the exhaust towards an affixed paddlewheel, somewhat in the style of riverboats of yore. Well, somewhat.

See Ya’ll there?
    Frank

What I REALLY need is HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chaffee
    While it is still a matter of debate as to whether Arena is large enough to be a Village, it has more than doubled in size since I had the paper route here, and I can personally assure you it is large enough to have a village idiot!

If I could read, I would brush up on my Al Franken and Molly Ivins.

My class of folk have always thought “brim”, was the dripper edge of the expensive hats you dandy’s wore. We’ve always made do with old shirts dipped in paraffin and held on with a twisted bandanna or cutting from a worn out pant leg.

Dale, at my age, I wouldn’t have to shave my leg to get a ride (see below). However, even though my belly may be getting out of hand, with a properly cut tunic, I can cut quite a figure on the dance floor with the ladies (gender differentiation intended).

I’m just off the conch with Tyler. 90°41’00” and 42°35’00”. Frank

Frank: (Response by paragraph)
    1) I'm always sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if Arena is, in fact, large enough to have a "village idiot", YOU ain't IT! Don't give up your day job just to pursue a dream!

2) I kind of LIKE Al Franken! I like Bill O'Reilly better, though!

3) I don't remember you growing up in MY old neighborhood??

4) I ALREADY told you I was sorry about THAT one!!

5) I'm confident that the "conch" word was not a typo! Also, I was looking for a LOCATION, not the normal hi-lo temperatures of the day!

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Hey Dale, having previously live with an Arena address for close to 9 years, Frank speaks the truth. Back in those days, we used to take turns being the Village Idiot and sadly, I don't think Frank has found a replacement for me, as of yet. Actually, Frank was just an "Idiot in Training", as I outranked him and I'm not quite sure that he's been able to attain full fledged "Idiot" status yet, but he's all they've got! Hang in there, Frank. I just know you can do it! (They even transferred tenure for me when I came to Bear Valley, so I didn't even have to train!)
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    [quote=Dale Thompson][quote=Tyler Howell]When they heard Pesh might be coming they said they better push it back to do things right. [quote]

Hey Howl,
    Do I have to paint you a PICTURE or what!! I STILL haven't seen a list that includes my cousin John and I?? Are we NOT invited - or what?? I will have you know that Norwegians are legally protected by the 72,027,854,172nd Amendment to the Northern Siberian Constitution!

Pesh I thought if I held out long enough You'd get the hint .
    I'm going to put a question mark by your name just in case I change my mind and uninvite you .
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Am I going to have to report this thread to a moderator? This is starting to sound like hate mail......
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-07-2006 at 10:50 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

This is the New list I have as of 4/7/06. Did I miss anyone .

Bill G.
    John M.
    Karl L.
    Joe B.
    Erin & Scott R.
    Dan R. ?
    Josh B.?
    Pesh T ?
    Cousin T. (John)
    Frank C.
    Dave R.
    Wonder Thong?
    Please RSVP
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Am I going to have to report this thread to a moderator? This is starting to sound like hate mail......
    Ken
    Don't pay em no mind....

they're chedder heads
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

This is like CHRISTMAS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell

Bill G.
    John M.
    Karl L.
    Joe B.
    Erin & Scott R.
    Dan R. ?
    Josh B.?
    Pesh T ?
    Cousin T. (John)
    Frank C.
    Dave R.
    Wonder Thong?
    Please RSVP
    Hey Howl,
    I can hardly wait to meet "Wonder Thong". Thus far, you are the only one whom I have crossed off the list as even a REMOTE possibility!!

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Hmmmm??

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    having previously live with an Arena address for close to 9 years(They even transferred tenure for me when I came to Bear Valley, so I didn't even have to train!)
    Hey Spring,
    Why did I subconsciously already KNOW about your nine years of captivity in Arena?? Anyway, I'm just trying to be Arena's "Buddy for a Day". With the cost of gas these days, I don't think that John and I will be able to afford to eat at the "Palace" that Tyler has chosen. I understand that Frank is "swimming in the green" and I just thought that maybe - just maybe - well - you know!

BARE VALLEY!?! Don't tell me that YOU are going to show up in a thong too!?! I'm starting to think. If I swim across Lake Michigan from Peshtigo, will I end up in LaCrosse?!

Dale T.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell

Bill G.
    John M.
    Karl L.
    Joe B.
    Erin & Scott R.
    Dan R. ?
    Josh B.?
    Pesh T ?
    Cousin T. (John)
    Frank C.
    Dave R.
    Wonder Thong?
    Please RSVP
    Wouldn't miss it for the world . . . but Tyler, if you're coming to cheeseland, you need appropriate attire . . .

Cheesethong.jpg

Hope this helps!

Erin
    For all your days prepare and treat them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear; When you are the hammer, strike.

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Actually, Frank was just an "Idiot in Training", as I outranked him and I'm not quite sure that he's been able to attain full fledged "Idiot" status yet, but he's all they've got!
    John, my fine friend,
    I respectfully beg to differ with you on this point, young sir. While in high school, I had the morning paper route in Arena. Even on Sundays, through the winter I had all papers delivered before sunrise. My route was five miles long, but living a mile out of town made that seven miles a day, seven days a week, whatever that maths out to.

This was well before your time, and before the age of global warming, but let me tell you that I often had to dig tunnels thru our copious snowfalls. The Town truck followed me so their load was eased.

For this I earned two things: First was five dollars a week, and second was the official title of the Village Idiot!!! To this day, the grandchildren and great-grandchildren of my customers point to me when they see me in town, cover their mouths and chuckle, then sing out derisively “Look, there goes the dumb paperboy!”

John, the whole thing of pretending to be an “Idiot in Training”, was a subterfuge of mine to pass my title to you, an unsuspecting newcomer, but alas, you slipped out of the noose too quickly.

I thought I was working up to a place where I would make a point of some kind, but now I can’t remember….

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Raasch
    …you need appropriate attire . . .
    Cheesethong.jpg
    Hope this helps!
    Erin
    Oh dear,
    Edible thongs?
    Now I am having second thoughts about this gathering for the fifth time (2^5).
    Frank

This is the New list I have as of 4/8/06. Did I miss anyone .

Bill G.
    John M.
    Karl L.
    Joe B.
    Erin & Scott R.
    Dan R. ?
    Josh B.?
    Pesh T ??????????????????????
    Cousin T. (John)
    Frank C.
    Dave R.
    Wonder Thong?
    Please RSVP[/quote]
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chaffee
    John, the whole thing of pretending to be an “Idiot in Training”, was a subterfuge of mine to pass my title to you, an unsuspecting newcomer, but alas, you slipped out of the noose too quickly.

Frank
    Well, thanks a lot, Frank! Now you've gone and done it! Apparently, a literate spouse of one of the WIDIOT (Wisconsin Innerstate Department of Idiot Operations Trustees) got wind of your post and has notified said department! While they agree that revocation of my Idiot status, due to my proven track record, would be a bit extreme, they have put me on double probation!!! Any act of intelligence, counts as an infraction! First infraction, I'm off the BIR (Biweekly Idiot Rotation) for a month. (27 days) Second infraction, and I'm off for a full 97-1/2 days (3 months!)!!! 3rd time and they give me an honorary PHD from the UBC (University of Bear Creek) and send me packin'! I'm NOT a happy camper right now! You best watch your backside, buddy or I'll sneak over there and pour a gallon of some high-test in your little 4-banger's gas tank and then where will you be????
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Wonder Thong

Making more coffee
    Just spilled the last cup I had all over the desk