Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Hamburger U grads here?

Food for Thought

In high school I worked at the first FAST FOOD joints to hit my town. I vividly remember a scolding I got from the manager after I took too much time to properly assemble a sandwich. He said...and I quote.

" Son, this stuff doesn't have to be good or pretty, it only has to be FAST. These dumbas*'s will eat ANYTHING as long as it's FAST. You could serve them xxxxx on a stick and as long as it was FAST they would love it."

That manager went on to become a very big wig in the Ponderosa food chain. He was very successful.....Hmmmmmmmm
    Just "fast" food for thought. Make your own conclusions...but I think Richard hit that nail dead center.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 03-30-2006 at 1:00 AM.

Any Hamburger U grads here?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wolf
    Boy, I have been avoiding posting here, but it has gotten the best of me and I can't help the rant.
    I really HATE McDonald's.
    Same here, different reason. Our local one has not gotten our drive thru order correct more than once in 12 years. More often than not by the time you get home you don't want to go all the way back for that other fries or to change the chicken sandwich to a double cheesburger. We call and write e-mails and get coupons over and over. We started checking the bags before leaving, and last time I'd moved forward because there was a long line so I drove around and parked in front of the door and sent my daughter to get the missing burger. She stood there and waited and waited, so I called them from my cell phone, asked for the manager and chewed him out. Why didn't I go in? I hate to make a scene in front of little kids. Thank goodness they are planning to put in 25 Carl's Juniors
    in the area in the next few years, we have to drive 20 minutes to find a
    Wendy's or better burger place.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wolf
    Boy, I have been avoiding posting here, but it has gotten the best of me and I can't help the rant.
    I really HATE McDonald's. Not because they have lousy food and bad service, there are plenty of places that can compete with that. What I hate is that they have become a blight on the very culture of America.
    Somebody had to say it. Which brings us to this--

http://hogranch.com/cheese.html

Don't get me wrong, I love my country. But I hate "cheese," and we seem to have more of it every day. Old-fashioned values are so...old fashioned these days.
    What this world needs is a good retreat.
    --Captain Beefheart

I too spent a year of my life flipping burgers and yes it was back in the day when we cooked them on the grill and they went to the customer within a few minutes of coming off the grill. I PROMISE you it is possible for a quarter pounder with cheese or a big mac with a side of fries to be actually pretty tasty...I know because I used to do it. The CRAP that comes out of that drive thru window now makes me cringe. We used to be encouraged to taste the food from time to time....I doubt with todays bean counters the employees are not even allowed to eat the food. The last few times I have eaten at my mcDonalds here the food has been SO over salted as to be unedible.