Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is The BORG?

What is The BORG?

Hate to ask a dumb question, but curiosity is getting to me!

I see a lot of guys mention a place that they buy things called "The BORG". What does B-O-R-G stand for?
    <DT class=quote>Brad K.</DT>

<DT class=quote>Old Higbee Mill

<DT class=quote>____________________________
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything!
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

</DT>

Well....initially I thought it stood for Big Orange Retail Giant......Home Depot..........But somebody else here had a different take on it. Basically most folks are implying HD or Lowes.................
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 03-26-2006 at 1:46 AM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

"Big Old Retail Giant", can be any of the Home Improvement/hardware type Chains.
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Hitt
    "Big Old Retail Giant", can be any of the Home Improvement/hardware type Chains.
    Well if we use the Star Trek definition, then it could include some of the very large import tool companies..... RESISTANCE IS FUTILE---- YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED INTO THE COLLECTIVE! Then when the greenie meanie arrives, your name will change to something like SEVEN OF NINE although I did find SEVEN OF NINE to be rather attractive.
    Last edited by Dev Emch; 03-26-2006 at 2:01 AM.
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev Emch
    I did find SEVEN OF NINE to be rather attractive.
    I dunno, I thought she was getting a bit long in the tooth. I was holding out for her younger sister, EIGHT OF NINE.

Good One Bill

Now I too want to see 8 of 9.

David
    David

I thought it was Big ORange Guys.
    Tim

Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's just too dark to read.

brad, the color of the storefront doesn`t matter, anywhere you go to purchase lumber or home improvement items where the store employees are less likely to know what you`re asking for than the bubble gum smacking teenager at the burger joint across the street. the places where quality is second to price, you load your own trailer with 207 cca 2x12`s 18ft long.....and they offer "professional" installation of most items..by 21yo flunkies with a pick-up and skillsaw..where it takes 7 flag men to clear the heard for a forktruck.....

any of those places...02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Another Good One

The boys are crankin today!

David
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Dev Emch
    Well if we use the Star Trek definition, then it could include some of the very large import tool companies..... RESISTANCE IS FUTILE---- YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED INTO THE COLLECTIVE! Then when the greenie meanie arrives, your name will change to something like SEVEN OF NINE although I did find SEVEN OF NINE to be rather attractive.
    And the fact that the Borg travelled through space in this HUGE, SQUARE BOX. The ship even kind of looked like Home Depot.

kids!

[quote=Bill Lewis]I dunno, I thought she was getting a bit long in the tooth.

She hasn't even hit 40, yet!

Anybody that thinks 7 of 9 is long in the tooth has let his Ol' Arn' get rusty.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lewis
    I dunno, I thought she was getting a bit long in the tooth. I was holding out for her younger sister, EIGHT OF NINE.
    Shoot... Throw in FIVE OF NINE, SIX OF NINE, and NINE OF NINE and deal me a straight!!!

BTW: The folks at Lowes wear red aprons - don't hang out with them. All good Trekkies know that the dudes in the red shirts always get killed or maimed in some horrific fashion. You don't want to be a bystander. Trust me on this one.

Michael

I love those descriptions. That about sums it up. Too funny Tod !!!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans
    brad, the color of the storefront doesn`t matter, anywhere you go to purchase lumber or home improvement items where the store employees are less likely to know what you`re asking for than the bubble gum smacking teenager at the burger joint across the street. the places where quality is second to price, you load your own trailer with 207 cca 2x12`s 18ft long.....and they offer "professional" installation of most items..by 21yo flunkies with a pick-up and skillsaw..where it takes 7 flag men to clear the heard for a forktruck.....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans

Yea, but they have lower prices on the same exact item as any of the "pro" outfit (especially if you don't count the 15% discount the "pro" places give to big customers), they are open alot more hours than 7-5 M-F, they don't assign the lousiest delivery driver to you because you're not a big cutomer (who'll damage something when he drops it off), and they don't have obnoxious "For The Trade Only" signs on their doors. In other words, it depends on what you are looking for. The Big Boxes try to meet the needs of their target market (homeowners/DIY'r) as best they can.