Thread: Logosol 4 head moulder - anybody got one?

Logosol 4 head moulder - anybody got one?

I am looking at purchasing a Logosol PH260 4 head moulder (I run a lot of lengths of some profiles so it may make sense). This is a very expensive (for me) piece of kit - about $8000! I know that they are sold in the US 'cos I have seen adds in FWW.

I am really just at the start of my investigations but I thought I would ask if anybody here has owned/used/seen one in action and if so any information that you could share.

I guess its a bit of a long shot but its always worth a try

Cool Shot and a goal!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Barley
    I am looking at purchasing a Logosol PH260 4 head moulder (I run a lot of lengths of some profiles so it may make sense). This is a very expensive (for me) piece of kit - about $8000! I know that they are sold in the US 'cos I have seen adds in FWW.

I am really just at the start of my investigations but I thought I would ask if anybody here has owned/used/seen one in action and if so any information that you could share.

I guess its a bit of a long shot but its always worth a try
    Ian, I personally do not own one, but I've seen one in operation and am thoroughly impressed! Fact is, my raw wood supplier is the guy who gave me the "nickel tour" of the Logosol. What a machine! Anyhow, the guy is real, REAL big into total forestry management *for the forest owner* and is all about maximizing the value of the forest's natural resources, while maintaining the lowest impact to the environment. Jim, the owner and operator of Timbergreen Forestry, I'm sure would be more than happy to tell you about the Logosol, as well as other options he's researched. If you follow the link: http://www.timbergreenforestry.com/
    you will be able to find more info on the entire operation, as well as find contact info for "Birky" himself. (Man, I wish I was in YOUR shoes, right about now! What a machine!)
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Ian,

I just looked at the Logosol PH-260 yesterday afternoon at a trade show in St.Hyacinthe Quebec. This is one sweet machine. What attracted me is the fact that it comes in single-phase or triple-phase.

It's a 4-head, 5-motor machine, and will do all 4 sides in a single pass. It'll do tongue & groove flooring, clapboard, moldings, etc. Manufacturer recommends a minimum of 1800 cfm for dust-collection. Logosol also sells an optional dedicated blower for this machine.

http://www.logosol.com/webb/planers/3002a-ph260.php

Bob

Um...Bob...thread started in 2003. Ian bought the Logosol. I fondled it on my last visit to the UK!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

logosol

Ian
    I sent you a pm
    Wade