Thread: VBulletin Question

VBulletin Question

Is there an option with the VBulletin software that would allow you to view “New Posts” by forum? I think it would be great if I could click an icon and have each of the Design Forum, Turner’s Forum, Off Topic Forum, etc, arranged/grouped together. What do you guys & gals think?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I vote for it also, but do not know if it is possible!
    Jerry

Hummmmmm....I don't remember if it does or not. Aaron will need to answer this question for us.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I like the idea, but not at the expense of losing the way the New Posts feature currently works. Part of it's usefulness is in seeing messages you'd otherwise miss by not going into the individual forums - something I rarely if ever do, unless I'm looking to start a new thread.
    Use the fence Luke

Doug, I wouldn’t want to change the “New Posts” feature either but grouping the new posts would make reading the forums much easier to read. With so many new members posting, often times there will be 125+ new posts when I get home from work. With a “grouping” feature, I could quickly go to the posts that interest me the most without having to sift through every post.

Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Lock out a specific fourm????

I would like to see the ability to lock out a specific forum. There is at least one forum that I have absolutely no interest in, and it "junks up" the list of new posts.
    Best Regards, Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Garlock
    I would like to see the ability to lock out a specific forum. There is at least one forum that I have absolutely no interest in, and it "junks up" the list of new posts.
    Hello Arron, Keith, moderators and other people of power, including pertinent humanoids of XX and XY chromosomes.

Is there any hope in getting a forum specific lock out option implemented or turned on. I have received a PM from another member that said he would like to lock out at least two forums. I suspect there is an underlying undiscovered need for this option. The option would also reduce bandwidth requirements a modest amount.

A simple implementation date would be adequate.
    Best Regards, Ken

I'd like to weigh in with another vote for the "forum lock". There are threads on certain forums that I really don't need to see, given the potential for raising my blood pressure.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Currently that feature is unavailable in vBulletin, but I think it's something they should want to add in future releases.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    I'd like to weigh in with another vote for the "forum lock". There are threads on certain forums that I really don't need to see, given the potential for raising my blood pressure.
    yeah right lee!
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.