Thread: Question on the X series Delta Unisaw

Question Question on the X series Delta Unisaw

Hello

I am new to the list and have been lurking for about a month or two, reading and learning. I have been woodworking for about 10 years. I have a question I hope someone can answer for me, with the Delta Unisaw, what is the difference between the standard Unisaw and the X series Unisaw other than that you get free tools if you buy the X series. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    <O></O>
    <O></O>
    <O>Thank you,</O>
    <O></O>
    Art Davies

Probably the biggest differences are that the X5 have a 5 year warranty and a 2nd cast iron fence. Also, Timberline has a deal that is $1500 with free shipping right now. I'm not sure that you can beat that when you couple the $100 delta rebate.
    There are two kinds of people in this world, those who say there are two kinds of people and those who don't

The X5 has the 5 year warranty, two cast iron extensions, a 50" Bies or Unifence, tableboard, decent combo blade (it's no WWII but OK). Some of the X5 deals come with a mobile base but the $1390 ($100 rebate also) one from Timberline does not - I have one sitting in my shop.

$1,390.00 (delivered) for all of this is only $1 more than a comparable Grizzly which makes it a no brainer. An original for the price of a copy.

Good luck.

Art, not sure about the warranty, I bought my unisaw about 3 years ago, and it came with a 5 year warranty then, plus both wings were cast iron. other then a showy 'X5' sticker, not much...but in my opinion, the best saw I have ever owned!
    Michael and Sally Pfau
    Grant Creek Woodworks
    Missoula Montana
    www.grantcreekwoodworks.com

Thank you for the information, it was just hard as I read the write ups on specs and I could not tell there was much difference between the specs.

Again thank you to all

Art

When I was looking for my Uni, I was convinced that I would not buy the X5 version because most places are selling it for $1,799 to $1,899 and I didn't think the extra stuff was worth it.

I was set on ordering the "limited edition" version from Woodworker's supply (good people BTW). It was going to cost me $1,499 for a 30" Bies, one cast iron wing and cheap blade. The blade does bother me as I am a devote WWII person. The wing wasn't the end of the world either as I could buy it locally for $90 (IIRC). I had a 50" Bies on my Delta contractor's saw so I could switch out the rails and sell the shorter fence with my old saw.

Then Dan-Imal suggested I call Timberline and speak with Jeff. I'm glad I did. I now have the X5 for less than the price of the limited edition.

Good luck!!

Phil

If you would have ordered in November you could have got the X5 with a free mobile base delivered for $1440 and still had the $100 delta rebate. Would you believe the best deal I've ever seen on Uni's and I happen to live 20 min from Timberline. Free shipping was out and I had to pay sales tax.
    There are two kinds of people in this world, those who say there are two kinds of people and those who don't