Good Morning Everyone,

Well, it's that time of year for us, severe storms rolled through this weekend, but the visiting In-Laws were able to make it back to Alabama before further storm or even rain on Sunday.

Had a very nice visit with the In-Laws last week. The sad thing is, is that my father-in-law is loosing his sight ever so slowly due to Macular Degeneration. He's worked hard all his life and since he's retired, he's been slowly loosing his sight. I love this man as he's been kind, generous and helpful to me since we met. I just feel saddened by this as there is nothing I can do to restore his sight.

On a happier note, I finished up a few bowls this weekend, the primary one I finished was for my In-Laws and it's posted in the turners forum.

Roughed out a couple of bowls, moved some stacks of wood around in my shop for my current flat projects. I have an Oval Kitchen Table to make (never done that, so I guess I'll learn on this one) out of Red Oak (did I mention that I greatly dislike Red Oak?, Kids Model Train Table with folding legs our of White Oak, and the final flatwork project is this Computer Desk for a guy at work out of Walnut, Ash and Birch Plywood.

So, with all this in mind? I guess the new planer and jointer are about to get a good work out.

Back at work today, so life is back to normal.

OH!!!! I forgot......A buddy at work and I went to look at a brush pile pushed up by one of his relatives. I poked around the pile and what did I find? An old barn that was pushed over made out of White Oak!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty stuff, so we have to go back and round up all the boards we can find.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.