Thread: Craftsman 1HP 6 1/8" jointer CLOSEOUT price $249.99

Craftsman 1HP 6 1/8" jointer CLOSEOUT price $249.99

Heads up for anyone interested in a small jointer, the Craftsman 6 1/8" jointer (made by Orion) is on closeout at Sears.

The new model is a 1 1/2 HP model and sells for about $420 (was on sale for $389 until last night).

The previous model was being closed out for $372, but has been reduced to $249.99 by Sears, so have them check in the computer if you're interested.

I had been at Sears last night and they were fumblin' trying to figure out if they had a box downstairs or not, and even offered an extra 20% off the floor model. Unfortunately the computers shut down at 9:00pm sharp. Went back today and they honored the 10% Craftsman discount that was active last night.

I was able to get the little jointer for $224.99 ($249.99 less 10% for Craftsman discount). If you smooth talk the manager, you might be able to get the Craftsman discount as I did, but I was quoted that last night when they couldn't ring up the sale as the computers had shut down as they fumbled around.

For a small closed base 1HP jointer, seemed like a decent deal, so I pulled the trigger.

With 1320 bf of maple which hasn't been straight edged, this little jointer is most welcome in my little humble shop!
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/

Is that the Professional Series model 21706 w/ the enclosed stand?

I've been searching local classifieds for a 6" jointer over the last few months, but haven't come across one.

At that price it sounds like you got a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Shew
    Is that the Professional Series model 21706 w/ the enclosed stand?
    Yes, that's the one. Not a bad little jointer, but, "Some Assembly Required".

I'm so glad I didn't get the floor model, they offered me another 20% off of it, but after assembling this one, I wouldn't want to use this had it been assembled by a Sears employee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Shew
    IAt that price it sounds like you got a good deal.
    I'm very happy with it so far, it's a pretty decent little jointer. I need to get it calibrated and all tuned up so I can put it through it's paces.
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/