Thread: Laser on Bosch 5412L

Laser on Bosch 5412L

My miter saw is very accurately tuned. I put the laser aside when I set it up, and I'm now thinking of putting it on the saw this weekend. Has anyone used this saw with the laser? Can you tell me what you think? Users of other miter saws with lasers are also welcome to chime in, but I am very interested in what other owners of this saw have to say.

If its just a gimmick, I may not bother. I've never had a laser on any tool, so I don't have a frame of reference.

Thanx.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann
    My miter saw is very accurately tuned. I put the laser aside when I set it up, and I'm now thinking of putting it on the saw this weekend. Has anyone used this saw with the laser? Can you tell me what you think? Users of other miter saws with lasers are also welcome to chime in, but I am very interested in what other owners of this saw have to say.

If its just a gimmick, I may not bother. I've never had a laser on any tool, so I don't have a frame of reference.

Thanx.
    I bought the Bosch 4410L Sliding CMS and the laser is very nice. I like it!! It works on centrifugal force, and I was surprised at how thin the beam really is. It came in handy when I was cutting the moulding for the bedroom last week. It also wasn't that diffecult to put on. I put it on backwards the first time, then turned it around. The beam was going up in the blade shroud. At first I thought the batteries were dead, until I decided to look in the shroud to see if I could see the beam, yup!!
    Putting it on will take five minutes, at the most, and won't mess up any adjustments to the saw. Just try it out.
    "And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." - Red Green

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES

I just got a nice call from a Creeker in Southern MO, telling me about his set up process. Thanks for the help.
    Where did I put that tape measure...