Thread: Dust Collection adapter

Dust Collection adapter

My new MM jointer/planer has a Euro sized Dust port. Does antone know a good source fot the special adapters? Thanks!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Dunno about MMs, but on my machines I just cut off the Euro-sized ones and pop-riveted on American ones. It was easier than trying to find some metric-to-inch adapter.

I use Nordfab QF fittings from my machines to the blast gates and had 120mm RAW to 5" QF reducers made. I just rivited them to the hoods and then I can use 5" flex hose (with Nordfab fittings) and quickly install/disconnect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    My new MM jointer/planer has a Euro sized Dust port. Does antone know a good source fot the special adapters? Thanks!
    Uh oh, I was gone for a few days a couple of times recently, Sooooo........ Did I Miss a GLOAT somewhere? Fill me in.
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".

Mark,

Steve above nailed it but you might be shocked how expensive those suckers are from Nordfab...but they are heavy duty and nice.... You pick up an FS-41 Elite when I wasn't lookin'?
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I believe that Oneida has them, but talk to Sam Blasco and ask him how he sets up his with a Fernco fitting from the Borg.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

mark, use a firmco coupler.....02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Duct Tape?

Mark, I bought my 120mm to 5" adapters from Oneida....and are we "missing" an official gloat here, or did I just plain miss it???
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser
    Duct Tape?

You must watch Red and Green also. I do

Carry on. No help from me Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    Steve above nailed it but you might be shocked how expensive those suckers are from Nordfab...but they are heavy duty and nice.... You pick up an FS-41 Elite when I wasn't lookin'?
    They were about $26 each, need one for each port on the combo. The other fittings ("QF to blast gate, QF hose fittings) were fairly reasonable. Considering the cost of the machine the fittings were reasonable.

Mark,
    If you care to furnish the material I'll turn you a nice one out of Shlamaca...I can't seem to find any around here.

By the way did you get the new toy similar to the one you were eyeballing at Sam Maloofs last November ?
    Last edited by Don Baer; 04-17-2006 at 6:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    Mark,
    I made my own. I cut a piece of 5" ductwork, about 8" long and duct taped it to the dust hood. On the mortiser side I attached a bit of flex hose and ended it with my "special quick conect" From above at my blastgate, I came down with 5" flex hose to a small piece of 8" long - 5" diam ductwork and crimped the end. It simple fits snuggly into the other adapters... it ain't the prettiest but it works fine... By the way did you just happen to get some kinf of MM machine??? WHERE IS TYLER!!!!!!