Thread: new home & short bio

new home & short bio

After being a long-time lurker on the Pond, I think I've also found a new home here. And what great features!
    I'm 55 and just retired from the federal government this January, so I expect once I finish this huge honey-do list I'll have more shop time. I've been "hobby woodworking" for about 15 years in my basement shop. Someday hope to have a separate shop, hopefully where I make my "final retirement home," which will definitely be somewhere south of here! I'm truely sick of all this snow and cold (still covered by the almost 2 feet we got last Sunday and Monday). Most of my projects are furniture (mostly small pieces, like plant stands, etc., but some larger stuff - beds, dressers) and occasionally some scroll work. I live in northern Virginia with wife and 2 teenage sons (married daughter lives in Raleigh with my 7 month old granddaughter).

I never posted much on the Pond, except for an occasional question (for which I always got good advice), but am determined to be more active, especially after seeing how easy everything works here at the Creek. What a great format!
    Dave on Lake Greenwood, SC

Welcome Dave!
    This appears to be a really nice place.

Tubby

I Agree!

Hi Dave and Others! I am new here also, and this Forum is the BEST! Lot's of interesing information and help, and just a great bunch of people with sawdust in their veins! It can only get better and better! With all the trash on the internet these days, it is a breath of fresh air to find a place such as this, with good people sharing a common bond, and Woodworking is about as good as it gets!

Gersty

Re: new home & short bio

Originally posted by Dave Brandt
    ....I never posted much on the Pond, except for an occasional question (for which I always got good advice), but am determined to be more active, especially after seeing how easy everything works here at the Creek. What a great format!

Dave

Originally posted by Kevin Gersty
    Hi Dave and Others! I am new here also, and this Forum is the BEST! Lot's of interesing information and help, and just a great bunch of people with sawdust in their veins! It can only get better and better! With all the trash on the internet these days, it is a breath of fresh air to find a place such as this, with good people sharing a common bond, and Woodworking is about as good as it gets!

Gersty
    Hey guys -

Welcome. With all the features it will be real easy to the the exchange of ideas and the personality of the group developing.

Ted

ps - Note inclusion of two quotes. Just drag and drop from the bottom of the screen where the thread is. Way too cool!!
    Last edited by Ted Shrader; 02-22-2003 at 9:38 AM.

Welcome aboard Dave

This IS a great place.
    Dennis

welcome! as a newbie myself(at 53 who woulda thunk) and a long time pond lurker I figure it's time to give back whatever I can to the group.
    There's no tool like an old tool

Thumbs up

Hello to Dave and the other new members and welcome to Sawmill Creek. I believe over time we are going to be members of a great Woodworking Forum. It's sure off to a great start and I see a lot of Ponders as well as others have joined. A lot of very good wood working talent has become members of Sawmill Creek and I'm excited because I know my learning curve is going to expand quickly.