Thread: The Milky Way

The Milky Way

Evenin'
    This picture was on nasa's astronomy picture of the day today, and it was such a cool photograph, I thought I'd share it.

This is not a sunset. The picture was taken at night of the Milky Way, but the dim light of Phoenix Arizona was amplified by the long exposure time of the photographer trying to get a good shot of the galaxy. The result is just spectacular......well.....I think it is anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

I agree, pretty cool picture. Always wanted to take pictures like that, just need nice equipment for it.
    Jim

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

WAY.................... TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOL

Bruce
    "The great thing about Wood Turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does tha Hard work."

M.H. Woodturning, Etc.
    Peoria, Illinois 61554

I have a lot of APOD shots saved for wallpaper, but I hadn't seen this one. Nice shot, and thanks for sharing it. (And reminding me to catch up on APOD archives.)

- Vaughn

That is a spectacular picture. The area of arizona I am moving to does not allow street lighting so that the residents will no have the "polution" of the city lights spoil the view of the stars.