Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FREEStuff Drawing Mon. May 1: Two $40 Gift Certs! **WINNERS**

I could have sworn I posted a note here a few minutes ago...are we having major difficulties with the server? It takes forever to load a page.
    Anyway, I PM'd my guess to Mark. Now we need to see if the list owners are going to go for this, since it is not the normal giveaway that has been done. I'm sure Mark is getting frustrated, and again, Mark. Don't take this wrong. I'm sure these 2 have been busy and away from the computer. It is possible that they aren't regulars anymore, but still on the "membership list".
    I hope you know that we all feel that this was very VERY generous of you to donate. If I'm the first one to PM you, and the list owners want to nix this deal, I have no problems with that decision. As much problems as I have had getting on this evening, I can't believe that I could be anywhere near the top of the list time wise, though. Even if I did guess the right number!!
    Have a good evening all!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Jim got it. The number is 3, of course. Thanks to Jim and to all.

I'd like to do this again sometime. Maybe in the future when the server gods forgive me for whatever I did.

Thanks again to everyone for all your help and advice.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Well, I guess others had more problems getting in than I did! My above note stands, let's see what Keith and Jackie say about this. If they want to redraw a name from the list, then I want to abide by their rules.
    Mark, I PM'd you again. We'll "talk" tomorrow. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Jim,

I was hoping Aaron would draw another name but he has been busy moving into his new house.

Mark's solution was a very good one, so congratulations Jim--you're the winner of the gift certificate.

And just so everyone knows, our internet provider lost service to all of it's Hampton Roads customers this evening so we have been anxiously waiting for sawmillcreek to come back up as well as everyone else. Don't know exactly what happened yet as their tech support was not sharing that information. Anyway, we're back!!!!

Jackie

Hey Jackie, you know how I'm always wanting my 1.6 cent refund when the server goes down? Well, you should charge the ISP 1.6 cents per member per minute for all the time they have you down. Tell them it's causing your members serious mental harm to be without our Creek fix.
    Mark Rios

Congrats to Jim, and thanks again to Mark for the generous donation. One would think you were trying to give away ice cubes to Eskimos. Glad to see you finally coerced someone into winning.

- Vaughn

I got your PM last week and replied, but something must not be working right. I apologise for the delay, but I'm just now getting around after having surgery on my foot. Thank you; Lee Valley is one of my favorite places to shop, and this will be the first thing I've won in 55 years; which is to say EVER.

Uh oh......

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser
    Uh oh......

Houston. We got a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl
    FreeStuff donated by SMC Member, Mark Rios:

Two lucky winners will be drawn next week, Monday, May 1, 2006. Winners will have 1 week to respond to this thread, at such time Mark will give you the details on getting your gift certificate. Thanks Mark!!

***UPDATE: Sorry for the delay, folks! Here are the winners randomly selected from the database:

Prizes:
    Lee Valley $40 Gift Certificate - Mark Muckelberg (updated 5-22-2006)
    Amazon.com $40 Gift Certificate - Mike Peace
    Mark, first of all, sorry about your leg and I hope you get better soon.

As far as the drawing, I have looked through the whole thread and it doesn't look like you responded to the thread as is stated in the above quote. After waiting for more than a week and after having the blessing of the SMC admins (per Jackies post number 64) the drawing went on and the cert was awarded to someone else. Sorry for your bad luck and, again, I hope you recover soon.

Thanks.
    Mark Rios

Oops, I guess I lost the gift certificate!

Hey what the heck, I can live without the $40 from Lee Valley.
    I do have one question though, why wasn't the message that I had won sent to my email address, which my wife would have seen in a timely fashion because she checked that about everyday while I was "laid up" in bed. (she doesn't log onto this site though)
    I could only surmise that it is because you are encouraging people to go to this site often, or miss out on this type of opportunity.
    It kind of suggests that if your not a frequent visitor, you're not "part of our club."
    No hard feelings.
    Well okay, just a little maybe.

Mark, the drawings all require the winner to post in the thread announcing them as the winner within a proscribed time period. A good way for a less-frequent visitor to handle this is to stop by SCM once a week or so and if you see a Freestuff drawing thread, subscribe to it. In this manner, the forum software will notify you via email of new posts in the thread in case you want to monitor things.

There is no intention...no intention...of any exclusivity relative to the drawings. But yes, having to respond personally does kinda encourage folks to visit once in awhile. It really is a great community, which is a little different than most forums out there.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

FreeStuff Drawing - Notification Tip

If you 'subscribe' to the FreeStuff Drawings forum, you can get an automatic email whenever a new posting appears. Sure is helpful for those of us who have a real life and only occaisionally get time to visit the Creek.

Mark,

Actually, I did send you a PM in case you visited the 'Creek but didn't get a chance to visit the drawing thread; alas, better luck next time!