Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turner Interview: Jim Ketron

Well Jim, not much to say that hasn't already been said. I've been amazed at all your woodurning talents since the first time I saw your work, from wood selection all the way through to the amazing finish you get on your work. Raising 8 kids must have taught you patience I guess. I'd love to get a chance to watch how you do it sometime and maybe dig through your woodpile. Nice to get to know more about you.

It has been said already Jim but I to have admired your work. Someday maybe I will get something turned close to yours. You have a awesome family Jim. It is nice to get to know you Jim.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Jim,

Like Mark, Travis, and Keith have already stated and I couldn't have said it better than rolling all the words said into a single post. Jim is truly a great guy, built like a stump and needs a good wrastlin match with Mark in the gumball pile.!!!! I too am glad and honored to call him friend.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Jim is a great guy. He had the patience to "reteach" me at Travis's. He is also quite the talented turner. I remember him building his shop and selling blanks to buy his PM and being as green as I am now....sorta gives me hope for the future. I was given one of his bowls as a gift. Its has texture and a burnt rim...it gets more comments and "how did he do that" than anything else I have on the shelf.

//Jim I promise the picture of the bowl are coming...
    What if the light at the end of the tunnel is a train?

Nice to meet you Jim. Great looking kids. I bet they don't fit in the bowl any more do they?

Ernie

Always enjoy seeing you posts Jim. You do beautiful work and you have a beautiful family. Nice to meet you.

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Nyvall
    Nice to meet you Jim. Great looking kids. I bet they don't fit in the bowl any more do they?

Ernie
    Ernie stole my line!!! Nice interview Jim! I come from a big family too....wouldn't trade it for anything. I've always been impressed with your work and look forward to every piece.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

I first met Jim when he was selling blanks to buy the PM. Jim has really taken to turning like a duck to water. Jim is a great friend and a heck of a tool maker.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Jim, Just wanted to say I admire your ability on the lathe and in selection of wood as well. Nice work I always like to read and view your posts.

Jim
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

While I look forward to seeing everybodie's newest creations, I always know yours will be flat out, eye popping amazing. THANK YOU from this rookie for all the patience and the advice that you so freely give. It is obvious from your interview and the comments from your friends that you are one great guy.

It's good to get to know you!
    Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns

Hey Jim, like the minivan commerical "sure is bright in here"!!! Thanks for letting us into your personal part of the world.I have always enjoyed your post and pics and cannot beleive that you have been only turning for 2 years.

Talk about this place being one big family of turners or friends, both of LOML's last anniversary gifts have been bowls turned from blanks that I got from you. I will post a pic of the Walnut bowl that I just gave her today, 22nd anniv.
    Dennis take a look, it looks familiar.
    Last edited by Fred LeBail; 05-04-2006 at 8:18 PM.

Thanks, Jim. With all you have to do, just keeping a family together, fed and sheltered, I find it amazing that you have the time and energy to do the beautiful work that you show here.

Thanks for sharing.

Bruce
    "The great thing about Wood Turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does tha Hard work."

M.H. Woodturning, Etc.
    Peoria, Illinois 61554

Great interview Jim. Nice to meet ya!

Great interview Jim. Glad to get to know you.

You know you're only one shy of a baseball team? Three shy of a football team.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

15. Hey Karl,

Jim could actually play two positions on the O or D line... so he only needs two more....