Thread: first post table saw and sander

first post table saw and sander

Hi all this is my first post, I am finishing my new table saw it's a Sears 22114 with a besi 52" fence I am makeing the side table and well put a router in it and was looking at the Bench Dog track the one that goes on the edge but it's a 50 dollar pice and hoped to get some feed back about it do you like it or is it a wast of money and think i should stick to standard t track ? i'v herd that cutting slots for t track might make the table worp over time any one had that happen to them. also i'm thinking about buying the Fish 12" disc 6" combo sander any one have one of these thanks.

Welcome to the Creek Chester!

I've been seeing a lot of people that have that saw, I'm sure you're going to really like it. The bench dog price seems a little high to me, you might have a look here. With the right attachments I think they're great, though you can do a lot of things just using clamps too.

Can't help with the sander, don't have one yet.

Larry

Welcome Chester.

If you make your side table out of MDF or plywood then I'd think warping won't be a problem with the track. Especially since you have the table bolted between the rails generally.

Welcome Chester!!

Welcome Chester. Have a good time but work safe.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Blog Entries

Reply to Chester on the router table miter track.

I survived without a miter track on my router table / table saw extension. I finally got around to adding a standard T-Track miter slot extrusion. I also worrid about weakening the table or losing the "flatness" I worked to get.

I simply reinforced the area of the table under the routed groove for the miter slot; no problems. This worked well for me because all my table feather boards use an expansion bar designed for the miter slot where my fence feather boards use the "rockler" style t-track.

This has worked out well, especially since I took advantage of a store sale and bought a boat load of long t-bolts that I can cut down to any size i require.

Enjoy,

Glenn

Thanks for the replys the table is 1 1/2" MDF with hard wood edges and a high pressure laminate for the top

Hey Chester!! Welcome to the Creek! We've got some very good friends that moved to Temecula last June. They seem to like it a lot!

Again....welcome!

- Keith

Welcome Chester. That table saw seems to have a pretty good rep, enjoy!

Corey

Welcome to the Creek Chester! That saw has a good reputation from what I hear.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....