Thread: Woodworking show ...Gloats!

Woodworking show ...Gloats!

I went to the Seattle woodworking show and ended up packing a few things away in the trunk.

I have never been satisfied with the miter cuts I've been getting, and decided I wanted...no needed...a new miter gauge. So, stopping off at the Incra booth, I watched the guy do some pretty good stuff with the Express slide jig and the 1000SE gauge. I was convinced this would be a great help, and so here they are...

I think they are really going to help with my WW projects.

Does anybody else use them? Comments?

Oh, they also threw in the Tiny-T Rule as a gift...

Thanks

Greg
    Last edited by Greg Koch; 05-09-2006 at 3:49 AM.

Pocket Hole

I also want to do some cabinets, and I see where the pocket hole connection is the way to go so many places. So....

They also threw in another larger clamp, the singel pocket hole jig, an extra drill bit, a video and a DVD on cabinet building.

Greg

And finally, my AP400 DC unit...I went to get some adaptors and gates at the show and ended up frustrated. Seems the I/D and O/D I needed were not what I ended up bringing home....Crap! Some side steps and I think I can make them work. The little Delta is about the right size for my shop and Budget! LOL

Greg

Glad you had fun! We also picked up the kreg pocket jig last weekend at the santa clara ww show.

Fun, Fun, Fun

I would seriously fear for my checkbook balance if I went to one of those shows

Nice going Greg! Looks like you got some really useful accessories at the show! I'll be anxious to hear how you like the Express slide and Incra!

Isn't it great to be so excited about a hobby! I always figure that I have about 1/2 as much invested in my shop as I do in my vehicles, and my shop will last longer and make me happier by far! Nice haul Greg.
    "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." -Henry David Thoreau

Greg,

WOW.... you did good and will enjoy those new toys

I have the Kregg, but have not had the opportunity to use it much yet.

I also have the AP400 and love it for my small shop and feel you willl too. Be sure to get the .5 micron bags for it if you can. They work much better than the ones that come with the AP400 for true dust control purposes.

Congrats on the shopping spree

Greg,

I have the 1000se and am able to produce accurate 90* and 45*.....a very good miter guage - you will like it!
    Take some care in setup...I needed to shim with painters tape to get the fence square to the table...it was "leaning back" just a touch.

I also have the older Kreg pocket hole system- k2000. It is fast and very strong! An excellent product. Search the forum for tricks and techniques...the trick is joining face frames and not getting any "creep"...but you new system probably addresses this issue.

I bought the Kreg jig about 7-8 months ago and absolutely love it ! Building face frames is so fast. You will enjoy it, I'm sure.

I have the Incra miter gauge and it does a good job. It's not extreme heavy duty so I don't try to use it where a sled makes more sense (long, heavy boards).

I have that Delta DC and upgraded to Grizzly bags. The Griz bag upgrade is one of the smartest moves I ever made. Filtering and air flow is improved dramatically.

Sounds like you have some nice toys to play with there...enjoy!!

Thanks for all the comments and good tips. Always helps when someone else let's you know some tips they've found.

I have used the miter guage now and really like it. I am waiting for an answer back from Incra on the availability of one of the boards for the Express Sled....the one you cut and makes the two plates on each side of your blade. I might want to hold off using it until I get my Delta saw up and running...(I'm still on the Rockwell with other commitments involving landscaping..LOL) and then cut the board. Hopefully I'll have an answer on Monday.

I'll get the bags on order too...thanks.

Greg

Wow, great haul man! Congrats on the new equipment!

Corey