Thread: Swap Meet; Hayes, Va.

Swap Meet; Hayes, Va.

Keith,
    I thought there was a swap meet scheduled in Hayes the weekend of May 6.
    Changed/cancelled/not scheduled?
    Bill Sampson

Bill,

The SwapMeet has been cancelled. Several months ago when I made the initial post concerning the dates we had scheduled we received no response. As it takes a bit of work to schedule the events and people in advance we needed to know how many people were interested in our second SwapMeet so we could start making the necessary arrangements. We had hoped to increase the number of people attending this year and had already approached enough vendors to put together a two day event. The lack of response kinda put the fire out

Thats to bad! I'm fairly new to the Creek but that sounds like alot of fun...hopefully something like that can happen in the future.

Count me in...

Yup, too bad indeed. I would have enjoyed such a gathering. However I would have missed the weekend of the 6th anyway due to a conference in Atlanta.

May is a tough month to schedule any kind of event with Mother's day and lots of Graduations going on. We selected May because the weather is pleasent, any later in the Spring and the Virginia heat/humidity can be very uncomfortable.

Our preference for the fall is October since it has the least amount of rainfall and reasonable temperatures. We don't have the facilities to take the whole shebang indoors so fowl weather is a problem. Renting large tents is not an option since we don't charge a fee to attend.

Last May we had about fifty people attend and everyone had a great time. I think we gave away over $2000.00 in FreeStuff Drawings plus some Corian cutting boards we made at the SwapMeet so everyone got some kind of prize.
    We had lots of people travel from all over the map, I think there were more people attending from out of state than locals.

I had confirmed engagements from a Laser engraving company, ShopBot CNC routers and a host of other companies who were willing to send representatives to demonstrate their products, various speakers scheduled and more FreeStuff that was offered as door prizes.

Oh Well...

Gee, I am sorry Keith, I did not see your post asking for attendance - I had a great time last year in spite of an almost 12 hour drive from NJ (had to be a record bad day in the DC area!!)

I'll watch more closely for the next announcement.
    Ray
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bersch
    Gee, I am sorry Keith, I did not see your post asking for attendance - I had a great time last year in spite of an almost 12 hour drive from NJ (had to be a record bad day in the DC area!!)

I'll watch more closely for the next announcement.
    Ray
    I had a great time at the SwapMeet last year-- hopefully we'll be able to do it during our backup date, in October.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

All -

Sorry I missed the initial post/inquiry about May. Last year's meet was a great time.

We will certainly be up for an October meet!

Ted

I kept wondering if there was going to be one this spring. I never saw the post, so I assumed it wasn't happening. I had fun last year and was looking forward to attending again. Unfortunately, October won't be possible due to other commitments.