Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making curved legs with SU

Controlling rotation

Michael Hi,
    You must be aware the SU will want to rotate along a natural axis be it red green or blue. If you picked an object and wish to rotate it bear in mind that the center of the rotation will be the center of the protractor that appeares when the rotate tool is activated. the rotate tool or rather the protractor doesn't even have to be touching the object although the closer it is to it the more acurate your rotation will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Gideon, welcome to the 'Creek! And THANK YOU for the excellent tutorial. While it's pointed at cabriole legs, it's good information so so many other shapes and components. In particular, starting out with the "block of wood" metaphor and working it similar to how you would in the shop is a terrific pointer!
    I've been using SU for about 2-3 years now and I always build my models as if I were building them in the shop. You'll find that your experience as a carpenter will stand you in good stead in using SU. Don't try to think like a SketchUper, Think like a carpenter. The only snags you'll run into will be technique related, and I can't imagine you'll have any trouble getting help on this forum or the SU user forum.
    I'm always glad to help, having been helped so much myself.
    Just plain good Karma. :^D

Gideon, good to see you over here too! Gideon, post some links to some of your stuff for the others to see.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch
    Gideon, good to see you over here too! Gideon, post some links to some of your stuff for the others to see.

Todd
    Hi Todd, it's nice to finally have a face to attach to the name. I'd often wondered what everybody looked like. Too bad we don't have this option on the SU forum. Anyway, I'll gladly post some examples of stuff I made.
    Attached Images Attached Images