Thread: One Week Left......

One Week Left......

Before the Central States BBq. It's not to late to get on the list, just let me know. Looks like it will be a good crowd, well good sized crowd anyway. This bunch probably will not be "good", if you know what I mean.

Cheryl has a massive amount of brisket in the freezer. Demo's are lined up. Door prizes are in the shop, even though I think there might be a few less by the time you folks get here. Some of his stuff is pretty cool!!!

If you would like to attend or would like to arrange to demo something, please let me know. We have plenty of room here.

Here are some of the demos scheduled:

Bob Lasley will be doing the Akeda jig.

David Rose will be doing the Leigh FMT jig.

Dennis Peacock will be doing the Tormek sharpening system along with the new Festool ROS.

I will be doing the Exaktor EX26X sliding table along with any other tool you would like to see in operation that I have in my snop.

Of course we will be turning pens, bowls and the like all weekend as usual.

Terry Quiram is bringing his scroll saw and I'm sure he will be working on some of his amazing pieces while he is here.

Please bring your lawn chairs and something for show and tell. Bring something for a door prize if you like, but this is not required.

We will be open for visitors from early Friday morning until how ever late anyone wants to be here on Sunday. Supper will be provided on Friday nite. We will be gathering around 6:30 or 7 at Susan's Resturant on 412W for our traditional Saturday morning breakfast. Saturday's highlight is my wifes brisket of course. I guarantee that no one will go away hungry.

I am really excited and very much looking forward to it!!!!! Please let me know if you need anything.

Thanks,

Terry and the other Arkies
    Last edited by Terry Hatfield; 08-29-2003 at 8:32 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote: Please let me know if you need anything.

Well....I am very sure that Lasley and I could use a few new tools and a new overarm guard for our tablesaws, new Exaktor sliding table for our tablesaws, some of those new gizmos's you got for door prizes and Oh Yea....I need a new cordless PC drill since my DeWalt is giving up the ghost after only 9 years of heavy use.

Hey Lasley....Do you need a new PC cordless drill too? !!!

So there you have it....you asked if I needed anything....and I spoke up for one Arkie and one Okie....!!!

RDAD (Running, Ducking and Dodging)
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    Quote: Please let me know if you need anything.

Well....I am very sure that Lasley and I could use a few new tools and a new overarm guard for our tablesaws, new Exaktor sliding table for our tablesaws, some of those new gizmos's you got for door prizes and Oh Yea....I need a new cordless PC drill since my DeWalt is giving up the ghost after only 9 years of heavy use.

Hey Lasley....Do you need a new PC cordless drill too? !!!

So there you have it....you asked if I needed anything....and I spoke up for one Arkie and one Okie....!!!

RDAD (Running, Ducking and Dodging)
    Dennis,

hmmm.... That's not exactly what I meant by "anything". I'm glad I won't be leaving you guy's alone in the shop on Friday nite like I did last year.

I'll have to make sure the bolts holding everything big to the floor are tight and hide the wrenches.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terry, sure wish I could make it up there. Darn work gets in the way all too often. If you were a couple hours closer I'd make it a day trip. Oh well. Y'all have a great time. Steve
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Steve,

Wish you could make it!!!!! Dallas ain't THAT far. It's gonna be a really good one. ALL the craziest people are coming...well...one of the craziest actually lives here. but we will see if we can't keep Cheryl under control for the weekend.

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For any who don't know... There is a crazy living at Terry's residence. Cheryl is fine. The kids are fine. Who does that leave? I think he runs an underground surgical facility. I have seen the OR. Hopefully we can set back his undercover activities by a week. It should take that long to blow it all out after we trash it this weekend!

David

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield
    Steve,

Wish you could make it!!!!! Dallas ain't THAT far. It's gonna be a really good one. ALL the craziest people are coming...well...one of the craziest actually lives here. but we will see if we can't keep Cheryl under control for the weekend.

Terry

David,

Come on man...don't tell all my secrets!!!!!!!!!!

BTW... Cheryl IS obviously the crazy one. I'm perfectly normal.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I completely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield
    David,

Come on man...don't tell all my secrets!!!!!!!!!!

BTW... Cheryl IS obviously the crazy one. I'm perfectly normal.

t

Terry,

I completely agree, Cheryl is absolutely the crazy one. Putting up with you, and your sawdust addict friends would drive anyone crazy...........wait a minute.........I think I just incriminated myself...where's that delete button!

Bob

Terry, Bob, you are both wood workers. The craziest people on earth. I know. I just finished putting the 2nd coat on the last piece of my cabinet. I worked much of the summer on a piece that I could have bought in metal or particle board for a few days pay. We have visiting kids and the daughter and her fiance. Any one of those will tell you that I could have bought it "cheap". Fortunately, LOML or SWMBO, depending on the circumstances, will tell you that it is a work of art. She may be picky, but boy am I fortunate! Actually, the wood is the work of art and I claim no credit for that.

David