Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turner Interview: John Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    You're an inspiration, John. And I'm honored to know you.

However - Assuming that your listing of past professional endeavors was essentially chronological, and factoring in your age, time in the nav, etc; I've estimated that your stint in men's clothing sales was coincident with the heyday of disco.

The resultant mental image thusly generated of a 67" tall twenty-something dude threaded out in three acre lapels, parachute bellbottoms, other assorted sartorial embellishments, and lotsa gold chains hanging off your neck is just too darn painful.

I need a lacquer.
    Lemme try to ease your pain....It was a snooty clothing store. White shirt, tie, slacks. Although, as I recall, John Travolta, with his finger pointed in the air, was a big hit around that time. Have some lacquer anyway!! (hic)

I gotta find some pictures of me smiling or something!!! Big Mike is giving me a complex.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Great interview John. Great looking family.

I know what you mean with three females. Same here except I've got my mom, wife and grand-daughter. Can't win.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

3. Yeah, I'm also surrounded, my lovely wife, my two daughters, the MILFH, and three, count them, three sister in laws.........

We have two, TWO toilets in our house, and there are also two big sink. 4 foot long mirrors in the house too, for them "Makeup" sessions.

I can remember with two sisters having to wait a long time to get in the can, as they were powdering their noses...

Great read John!

You know, John, I've always felt you to be a man of many talents. Going over your past history, I now see that my assumptions were very much founded! Thanks so very much for giving us a bit more insight into who John Hart really is and for verifying what many of already assumed: A great family guy, with many skills and attributes to use and share. This place would not have been the same without you, my friend! Thanks!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

I enjoyed the interview, and I don't believe I would like Cleveland either.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

Great interview. What really caught my eye was your love of bonsai. At one time I had 30-40 of them. That was my passion for years. I tappered off only because I retired and had no way to take care of them when we were traveling so much. I only have three now, with a whole bunch more planted in the yard that I can always put back in pots if I decide to.

Keep up the turning! And your posts are always interesting.

Earl
    "Life is a work of art designed by the one who lives it."

Howdy John

Wow, nice to meet you John. Real nice interview. I like your sense of humor tossed around in there. Hard to believe you've only been turning a little over a year with the quality of your work.

I am familiar with your lathe also. It has some nice features but can be a little noisy.

Keep up your posts as we all enjoy them so much. They usually inject a bit of humor when we can really use it.

Take care and keep turnin !!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Parr
    Great interview John!

Having been born and spending my first 18 years just east of Cleveland, I know why you want to move out.

Glad to get to know you better John.
    Dang! Small World! I grew up just south of Cleveland and I did get out 40 years ago. John, great interview.
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

Thanks again for all the nice comments everyone. It's nice to feel like there are friends around....even though you're all just virtual imaginary friends!

Spending an extreme amount of time getting ready to move these days. The bank papers will be done within the next week and I'll be tearing the shop apart starting this weekend. ...But, there's a better life on the horizon for sure!!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Just let us know if you need help any John, and we'll throw some virtual imaginary assistance and muscle behind you!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the new place, it sounds fantastic! Wide open spaces, lots of land, and plenty of room to play WITHOUT waving to the neighbors when you wake up in the morning.

We own 5 1/4 acres in western Minnesota complete with a log sided house and a 24X36 barn/shop. Did I mention it is on a lake? Two neighbors within 1 mile. Can't move til NEXT summer......leased out at the moment....
    Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns