Thread: G0453

G0453

Has anyone bought one of these planers? If so would you like to share their opinion on it.

i HAVE A FRIEND THAT BOUGHT ONE A FEW MONTHAS AGO AND HE IS PLEASED WITH IT.

i JUST BOUGHT THE G0454 which is similar but a 20 inch vs a 15 in and although I haven't used it very much I'm quite pleased with the results so far.

It came when they said it would and it had no shipping damage. I simply put on a 220 plug, checked and filled the gearbox with oil, turned it on and planed some wood.

Fred Mc.

3. Russ,

When I picked up my G0490, I looked over the 453 and the fit and feel was impressive! I have one on backorder and Papa Grizz says it will be in Muncy PA the first or second week of June. I think it will be a good machine.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Baucom
    Be very careful Russ. I am having a terrible time with Grizzly. Send me a PM if you would like to know more.
    Might be helpful if you could elaborate a bit on the details of this. What exactly are they doing/not doing?

Exclamation

Be very careful Russ. I am having a terrible time with Grizzly. Send me a PM if you would like to know more.
    I second Marty's sentiment. On small little items (non freight) they seem pretty good to deal with. When I had an issue with a large sander they took about a month to resolve the issue. I was hoping that my gripe was a rarity but maybe its not.

I think it's the information that's of value and general interest and not any level of discordance or discontent.

I submit that it's not a bad thing to tell the truth publicly, espesially when that truth may be helpful to others. Nor is it slaming a manufacturer when one isn't merely bitching about paint scheme but has honest to goodness issues.

In another forum there was a long thread about Griz BSs. Apparantly one guy had trouble wiht the wheels not tracking correctly. Something to do with spacer washers that weren't the right size but which came in the Griz assembly kit. Turns out a lot of folks posted similar issues.
    I found that thread very informative.

Hey, the world is not perfect. Everyone has experienced troubles with something they have bought. I read on another forum about a cracked table on a new General Table saw. OMG, a General with a problem!!! Just goes to show you it happens with them all. One thing about Grizz, they will make things good. For the folks who find them a problem to deal with well, those folks would never be satisfied. Personally, I find their tools getting better and better. I am replacing most of my older tools with the new Grizzly ones. The price is right and they seem to be in line with the rest of the ones out there as far as fit and finish. I also think Papa Grizz has gone out of his way to make things right especially for the members of this forum. I got to say, you won't find any other big shots looking out for us woodworkers.

Just my 02 cents!!

Russ, will let you know how I like my new 453 planer and 1023 table saw in about a month!!

Michael

I love Grizzly

I have a shop full of Green Grizzly and love it all.. No problems with anything I have bought from them.

Ben
    Still trying not to Take Life so Seriously !!

My shop is mostly Grizzly green also. Three rules to getting service: Do it within the one year warranty period. Present your receipt. Pick up the phone and call them.
    Doing that, my experience has always been prompt satisfaction with a smile.

I have three of there units. 1023SL table saw which I'm very happy with. G1035 shaper which I've had for 9 years and very happy with that too! I bought the G0490 jointer at the beginning of the year so far It's worked great. I haven't read much on the G0453. It's the reason I posted the question. I had a chance to buy a BARELY used Delta 15" planer so I sold my 13"Jet. The Delta was gone when I went to pick it up. So as of right now I'm without a planer. I never really on planned on buying just Grizzly stuff, But they always ended up being the best deal at the time. When I was ready to make my purchase.
    Last edited by Russ Massery; 05-11-2006 at 8:40 PM.