Thread: ShopFox Planer Molder

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ShopFox Planer Molder

Last night I finally received a set of custom molding knives I ordered. The knives are actually for a friend and neighbor of mine, he needed to make some custom molding for a job he is working on in his shop. I hadn't had time lately to use the new machine due to my shop schedule and an influx of sign work. After what I learned last night I am all of a sudden hot to get going with some molding projects of my own.

We transported the ShopFox molder to my friends shop yesterday afternoon as my shop is just too cluttered right now. The pictures below are just a taste of an article I am preparing to post here at the Creek about the ShopFox planer molder, I need more time to put together photos and create a series of jigs for machining arched molding. As soon as my next round of knives arrives I will get started, I recently was able to find the time to move al of my Corian inventory away from my lumber racks which I haven't been able to access for months.

I have to say that my ShopFox Planer Molder is one of the slickest woodworking machines I have ever used. In spite of it's small size it is truly a workhorse. The photos of James and I running his red oak molding last night tell the rest of the story. The ShopFox was smooth and reasonably quiet. At about 14 feet per minute we were making really nice molding in just one pass.
    Attached Images Attached Images