Thread: Hello all.

Hello all.

I am new to this forum and just want to say it looks really kool. I have seen lots of nice stuff so far and some really neet tool ideas as well. I am a paper hanger by trade but my pasion seems to be in wood working. Currently the extent of my woodworking is hanging crowns and finish work. I really want to start a little project (piece of furniture, probrably a shelve) that I have not decided on yet. My tools are a radial arm 12" chop saw, 10 table saw, hand held power planer, belt sander, finish nailer, and a bunch of other misc. small stuff. Anyway just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone.

Oh yeah my username is my initials and an old girlfriend stuck the bag part on the end for some strange reason.

Steve Mendes

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Scmbag

Oh yeah my username is my initials and an old girlfriend stuck the bag part on the end for some strange reason.

Steve Mendes
    First of all let me welcome you to Saw Mill Creek. One of the requirements for membership to SMC is that you use a real first and last name. This requirement is specified in the Saw Mill Creek Terms of Service:

"A. Registration

Registration requires that each member provide (1) true, accurate, current and complete information on the SawMill Creek registration form and (2) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data as necessary to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
    Members are required to supply real first and last names as well as an active email address. Email addresses will only be used to contact our members when the forum Administrator deems necessary. Our forum software provides members the opportunity to render their email address invisible."

You can e-mail me the required information and I will have your registration updated accordingly

Thanks in advance --
    Your Friendly Moderator
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 09-02-2003 at 6:34 AM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Smile Welcome Steve!

You are correct this is a great place to learn and hang out.

Welcome aboard.

We like a nice respectable atmosphere that come with real names. It is easier to build friendships that way. The regional events we have are fantastic. I hope that you, and everyone else that hasn't yet, can attend one. They are great fun.

PS your user name has probably caused several people to ignore your post. After modifing it you will recieve several more welcmes fornm the community.
    Last edited by Charles McKinley; 09-02-2003 at 10:44 AM.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Steve,

Great to have you at the Creek. Look forward to seeing pics of your shelf. Here is a pic of the first shelf I did...boy is it bad, but the LOML adores it.

To steal from a fellow Creeker:

See ya around the Creek!

Noah
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Noah Alkinburgh; 09-02-2003 at 12:43 PM.
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Welcome Steven, You are correct. This is a great forum. Lots of good folks here.
    Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
    Don

Blog Entries

Welcome!

Welcome to the creek, Pull up a rock and stay a spell. We're a friendly group, and the ones that aren't have all had their shots. We look forward to seeing your questions and pictures of your work. Maybe even a shot or two of paper hanging. Maybe you can fill us in on the saying "busier than a one armed paper hanger in a windstorm"
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute