Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How about roundovers on SU?

They don't let me do the surgery. I've offered. I even have my own DeWalt cordless drill and a large pair of side cutters. They just say, "Don't call us. We'll call you." I just keep the anesthesia equipment and physiological monitoring running along with teaching the users how the stuff works.

OK, here's your script. You'll have to play with it a bit to get the hang of it. http://www.crai.archi.fr/RubyLibrary...gle_between.rb

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards
    Jamie, I wonder why it won't open? Part of me wants to suggest that you get GSU but you have a couple of things with your version that GSU doesn't have so I hesitate to suggest it.
    Dave --

The error message from SU4 says "The file was created in a newer version of Sketchup. You have version 4.0.170. You need 5.0.260." It seems that they're going to force me to continually upgrade if I want to communicate with other SU users.

As I've read the @Last-published comparisons between SU5 and GSU, it seems like the additional capabilities of SU5 wouldn't be valuable to me. That is, if I were starting flatfooted, I'd get GSU. However, I do have SU4. It has a few add-ons like that spline tool you showed me. What would I lose if I got GSU?

Jamie

Jamie, I thought I'd saved it as a version 4 file but here it is again. Let me know what happens.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards
    Jamie, I thought I'd saved it as a version 4 file but here it is again. Let me know what happens.
    My SU opens that one without complaint.

Weird,

Maybe I didn't get the first one saved as a V4 file but I thought I'd.

Probably the biggest thing you'd lose by going to GSU is the ability to change some default settings. From what a couple of GSU users have said to me, they don't like that feature. There's something about settings and shortcuts on startup. I haven't bothered to download GSU so I can't say from first hand knowledge.

Now that you were able to open the file, did it make sense? Anything new there?