Thread: General Industrial Supply, FreeStuff Sept 12, 2003 Winner

FreeStuff Drawing Sept 12th 2003 WINNER

The winner is Doug Jones
    Doug is the winner of the Wilton 99164 10" CMS from General Industrial Supply. Ken Salisbury will contact you with the details concerning shipping your new saw. Congratulations Doug!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    The next FreeStuff Drawing will be announced tomorrow 9-13-03.
    Thanks to Noah Alkinburgh for his efforts in setting up the next FreeStuff Prize.

------------------------------------------------------------------

FreeStuff Drawing September 12, 2003

General Industrial Supply

Rick From General Industrial Supply wanted to thank the SMC Members for their business and has donated a Wilton 99164 10" CMS with carbide blade for our September 12, 2003 FreeStuff Drawing.
    Features;
    - Heavy-duty 15 Amp AC universal motor for long lasting performance.
    - Miter stops at 0, 15, 22-12, 30, 45 degree to handle most jobs.
    - Lightweight, portable unit.
    - Electric brake.
    - Includes table extensions, stop block, rip fence ruler and dust bag.

The drawing winner must agree to pay shipping costs from Huntsville AL.

Thanks to Ken Salisbury for contacting Rick at General Industrial Supply and to Rick for his generous offer.

Visit GIS's web site and make sure you leave Rick an email to thank him for supporting the members of SawMill Creek.

Note that the GIS product line extends way beyond the listings on their web site. You may want to call them for information concerning a particular tool or to find out more about their Scratch and Dent (S&D) bargains.

Contact Information;

PHONE NUMBER
    1.800.371.2220 (Toll Free)
    615.256.2220 (Local)

Email
    GENERALINDUSTRIAL@COMCAST.NET
    SALES@GENERALINDUSTRIALSUPPLY.COM
    WEBMASTER@GENERALINDUSTRIALSUPPLY.COM

MAILING ADDRESS
    GENERAL INDUSTRIAL SUPPLY, INC.
    1136 LEBANON ROAD
    NASHVILLE, TN 37210
    Attached Images Attached Images

Paul Kunkel Guest

Talking I'm gonna win this 'cause the drawings my b-day

Never won anything but I can hope

OK you got me beat Paul

I was going to say the same thing - but it's actually 2 days after mine - besides I already have a CMS so good luck!
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Cool! I could really use that! My old 12" Skill (ahem) CMS is about worn out.

I have purchased several items for the machining side of my shop from GSI. They are good people to deal with.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Don't worry about it Keith.....I will drop by Ken's and pick it up......So just draw my name and your worries are OVER...!!! ;-)
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Keith,

How does one enter for such a drawing...is a secret handshake needed
    How did I get here? Nevermind....

Hey Paul

One of the great things about SMC is that Keith, Aaron & Ken have worked very hard to give value added service to SMC members.
    Of course Value added usually means you pay for the service to begin with & SMC is Free! They have contacted lots of manufacturers and resellers to contribute these items for free.
    All that is needed to be automatically entered is to be a registered member of SawMill Creek.

You don't want to know what the secret handshakes get you - You need to try & infiltrate the chat room regulars for that

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D. May
    Keith,

How does one enter for such a drawing...is a secret handshake needed
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sweeney
    You don't want to know what the secret handshakes get you - You need to try & infiltrate the chat room regulars for that
    Thanks Tom,

Now that life is settling down a bit, I need to get re-aquainted with the forum and all its little nuances!

Paul
    How did I get here? Nevermind....

FreeStuff Drawings

Yep! All members are automatically entered in the FreeStuff Drawings, we do an electronic selection from our database of members names to select the winner of each drawing. I should mention that your username must be your real first and last name to be eligible to win. Right now we have 92 members who are ineligible since their usernames violate the rules. On the last drawing the first three selections were people whose usernames made them ineligible.

No tricks, no gimmicks and no nonsense! I should mention that we do not provide our member list to anyone for any purpose...ever. The companies who donate prizes are not given our email list, their donations are a gesture of good will toward our woodworking community. All prizes are shipped directly to the winners from the company donating the prize and SawMill Creek does not generate any income from this program.

Your odds are about one in 1292 of winning per our member-list right now.
    I would love to win the CMS from General Industrial Supply but our staff and moderators are exempt from winning.

Everyone is welcome to help us find companies who are willing to donate prizes for our FreeStuff Drawings. If only 50% of our members would help us locate prizes we could easily have several drawings per week. Any company who is willing to donate can send me an email (webmaster@sawmillcreek.org) or call me (804-684-3660) with the details concerning their prize offering and I will post a message with all the pertinent information...it's just that simple.

Look for a new FreeStuff Forum here at SawMill Creek Soon!

Its killing me

the suspense...we are over half way through September 12th and I don't know who won!!!!

Noah
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

All right already - I want my new saw and I want it NOW!
    Lynn J. Sonier

Way to go DOUG!!!!!!

I'm sure theres someone out here that would give it a test before you get it!!! Ha.
    Steve

Congratulations Doug!

Way to go Doug! Very nice saw, I am sure it will be a very welcome addition to your stable of Woodworking tools. I will be sending Rick, at GIS, an email thanking him for his generosity and support of Sawmill Creek. I would invite all of our members to do the same when you get a minute.......it is great to have wonderful products for the drawings, and we should all support those who contribute.............even it we don't win!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gersty
    Way to go Doug! Very nice saw, I am sure it will be a very welcome addition to your stable of Woodworking tools. I will be sending Rick, at GIS, an email thanking him for his generosity and support of Sawmill Creek. I would invite all of our members to do the same when you get a minute.......it is great to have wonderful products for the drawings, and we should all support those who contribute.............even it we don't win!
    Good call, Kevin. I wholeheartedly agree. The guys at GIS are a class act and will help out any way they can. I've bought several things from them and wouldn't hestiate to buy there again (and I'm pretty tough to please! )
    Mark

"Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock."
    Will Rogers

Thumbs up

First off I'd like to thank General Industrial Supply for their generous donation. I know this saw will come in handy. (maybe I can get those miter cuts looking better now) I personally have never dealt with them but I have a feeling that I will be doing some buisness with them in the future.

Secondly, I'd like to thank SawMill Creek for being the forum that it is. This place is great. As are the members, and moderators.

Thanks Creek
    Last edited by Doug Jones; 09-14-2003 at 11:10 AM.