Thread: My weekend projects

My weekend projects

I have only now decided to dip my toes in the water of showing fellow creekers some of my work. This last weekend I got some good workshop time and completed a couple of projects. The first is a very simple cubbie type thing that the LOML wanted for the nursery. I had some left over 1/2" BB from our kitchen remodel so I threw this together with that. It's just getting painted so....
    P5200012-2.JPG

This next one I was asked to make a changing table topper for my brother-in-law and his wife. They are expecting in mid august. Again very simple but it feels good to help out. I used quarter sawn white oak. My mistake was the bottom. I had some 1/2" red oak ply that would fit bill so I used it. I just hope it finishes close to the same. They wanted to stain and varnish it themselves (no way would I turn that down). They are expecting me to give them a "bill". I hope they are happy with it when they get it with some other things at the baby shower.
    P5210054-2.JPG
    P5210055-2.JPG
    For the pictures I set it on the dresser we will be using for our's. Now I just have to get to work on it. We plan to paint it white like the dresser so I'm just using soft maple. This whole baby prep thing is comsuming my mind. It is so very cool. Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Jerry Strojny; 05-23-2006 at 5:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Strojny
    This next one I was asked to make a changing table topper for my brother-in-law and his wife.
    Hey Jerry, how are you getting it to sit still? I used to have one a few years back, and I found that it slipped around a lot on the dresser. Hmm, maybe some of that rubber webbing they sell to put under area rugs?

My plan is to put about 6 of those little rubber pads (1/2"x1/2"x1/8") on the bottom. That should keep it still. If that doesn't work, then I'll attach it to the dresser the same as a mirror with little legs that attach to the back of the dresser and the back of the topper.