Thread: Low price on Dewalt DW718 miter saw at Lowe's

Low price on Dewalt DW718 miter saw at Lowe's

Hello,
    I don't know whether anyone has seen this yet, but when I visited Lowe's just now, I found that they are selling the DeWalt DW718 12 inch double-bevel sliding compound miter saw for $389. Lowe's website shows the same price. It was previously selling at Lowe's for $649, as it still is at Home Depot. I'm still looking for a top quality 12 inch non-slider, but if I wanted a slider, it seems to me that this would be a terrific buy. Is there something wrong with this saw to cause this huge price reduction?
    Louis

Low price on DeWalt DW718 miter saw at Lowe's

Someone told me that they see the price is still at $649 when they look at the Lowe's website, and I looked at the URL that he sent me, and it does still show $649. But Lowe's has a box on the website to check store availability, and when I enter my zip code (71118) in that box, it shows the price at $389. That's the price that shows on the tag in the Lowe's store that I just visited.

Don't think that I'm losing my mind, but it appears to me that Lowe's may be selling the item at a discount in my area only. If you want to check this out, purge your cache file (which may still show the URL with $649), then go back to the Lowe's website and enter my zip code (71118) in the store availability box and see what the price shows.
    Louis

Ok, I now understand what's going on. When I go to the Lowe's website and enter my zipcode (71118) in the "product availability" box, it shows $389, but there is a green star by the price, and at the bottom of the screen, it says that the green star means "reflects local low price". Why Lowe's is selling this for such a low price locally, I don't know, but now that I know that it's apparently not at this price at all Lowe's, I apologize for posting it.
    Louis