Thread: Woodpeckers customer service outdid themselves

Woodpeckers customer service outdid themselves

I recently ordered a TS/LS system with a PRL from Woodpeckers. A few hours after I ordered, I realized that I forgot to order the switch to turn the router on and off. I called back and added the switch to the order. The indicated that the table hadn't shipped yet (the PRL was backordered, but the table and legs were shipping that day) so it should be in that shipment. I got the table and legs, but no switch. I called back and they indicated that it would be included with the PRL shipment. I got the PRL yesterday, but no switch. I just got off the phone with Woodpeckers, and they are shipping a switch today at NO CHARGE. I was perfectly happy to pay for the switch, but they offered, so I accepted. Now, that is what I call awesome customer service. They have more than earned my repeat business.

Bryan

That's great to hear. There are a lot of stories about poor customer service now-a-days that it almost seem surprising when a company goes out of their way to make the customer happy.

Seems a lot of woodworking tool/machine businesses are getting it right. Lee Valley, Rockler, Grizzly, and even Amazon come to mind.

I have to second the compliment about Woodpeckers customer service. Only last week, I was due delivery by UPS of an order from Woodpeckers for a Quicklift router lift. UPS could not seem to transport the package the last 20 miles. It had been "out for delivery" for a week. Additionally, UPS repeatedly lied about attempts to deliver.

I contacted Woodpeckers for help in expediting delivery. They did everything possible to help, as I asked. But in addition to that they refunded the shipping charge as compensation for the delay. Clearly, Woodpeckers was not at fault, but they certainly made a nice gesture and helped to get the packeage delivered, too. I had heard about their good customer service and they certainly demonstrated it to me!

Can't beat that. I had a similar experience with Woodpecker and they were outstanding.

Rob,
    Come to think of it I have dealt with same companies you listed and have also had a pleasing customer service experience and to add one more Woodcraft has always been happy to help the customer out.

Bryan,

Thanks for the assurance. I've dealt with them myself and so far I have been very impressed with their company and products. It's really nice to know when a company does the right thing. They too have my business.

Larry

I'm glad they took care of you. I wish they would have done the same for me. I ordered a TS-LS, custom router table & plungelift. They sent the wrong mounting bolts for the fence, the mounting plate was severely bent, the fence was bowed, the plungelift was missing the leveling screws (and had surface scratches). They did send replacements (via slow mail, not two day) at not cost, but given the number of mistakes they made, I would have like to have seen some kind of quid thrown in. I received nothing for my delays and pain. I guess I add this because I don't wan't people to assume that Woodpeckers always takes great care of their customers. I'm kind of lukewarm on them right now.

I've always liked Woodpeckers and their stuff. About my only complaint is that they don't offer rubber bumpers or protectors for their TS rails. I've gouged myself on it a few times, wife has, and my poor daughter put her noggin' into it recently.

I've mentioned it several times to them and while they keep coming out with great stuff, still nothing for the rails.

I usually keep an old towel on it now but it isn't convenient.

If anyone else agrees with me, kindly pass the word along to Woodpeckers and maybe they'll finally do something about it.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    I've always liked Woodpeckers and their stuff. About my only complaint is that they don't offer rubber bumpers or protectors for their TS rails. I've gouged myself on it a few times, wife has, and my poor daughter put her noggin' into it recently.

I've mentioned it several times to them and while they keep coming out with great stuff, still nothing for the rails.

I usually keep an old towel on it now but it isn't convenient.

If anyone else agrees with me, kindly pass the word along to Woodpeckers and maybe they'll finally do something about it.
    Chris
    I agree. I have 4 children and 2 of them are just the right height to get hit hard in the head and it could easily cut them. Not to meantion the time I have hit them. I finally just made my own covers. I had some 1/2 semi stiff foam laying around. After some duct take and about 10 minutes, my son was having fun bouncing his head of of them. I don't worry anymore. I will send a note to them.

Woodpecker has taken very good care of me as well. When I've called about an issue, they always seem to go out of their way to take care of me. I've gotten items at the sale price the week before AND the week after the sale week, they've taken time helping me on the phone to figure out what type of particular tool I needed for a particualr job and so forth.

I really like Woodpecker.

Hey Pete and Chris, I'm not sure of the tools you're mentioning but if some sort of a rail sticks out, how about putting a tennis ball on the end of it? Just an idea.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.