Thread: McFeely's Festool Trion Jigsaw Special

McFeely's Festool Trion Jigsaw Special

Yesterday I recieved the McFeely's catalog. On the back cover they have a special on the Festool Trion Jigsaw. Normally it costs $250.00. The special price is $195.00. I have never owned a tool by this company but have read what appear to be unanimous raves of their tools. Since my Jigsaw is one of my oldest and worst tools, I have been thinking of replacing it. My question is: Is this a good deal? The write up says it is "Festool's PS2 Jigsaw." Is this different from the PS 300 EQ-plus jigsaw that Jim Baker just bought? Thanks for the advice in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Robinson
    Yesterday I recieved the McFeely's catalog. On the back cover they have a special on the Festool Trion Jigsaw. Normally it costs $250.00. The special price is $195.00. I have never owned a tool by this company but have read what appear to be unanimous raves of their tools. Since my Jigsaw is one of my oldest and worst tools, I have been thinking of replacing it. My question is: Is this a good deal? The write up says it is "Festool's PS2 Jigsaw." Is this different from the PS 300 EQ-plus jigsaw that Jim Baker just bought? Thanks for the advice in advance.
    Hello,

I'm not familiar with this catalogue but I might be able to help.
    Festool has 3 jigsaws:
    - PS 2E: Festool's oldest model, avialable for $ 250 with 25 extra blades
    - PS 300 EQ: also know as the Trion, introduction price $ 195, barrel grip
    - PSB 300 EQ: same as the PS 300 EQ but top handle model

I recommend to check out the current special offers at Festool USA and to contact Bob Marino at ROBARLMAR@aol.com Many guys buy from him and are extremely happy with his customer service. I also emailed him a couple of times and he was always friendly and quite helpful.
    As far as I know, Festool stuff costs the same everywhere.

Regards,

Christian Aufreiter

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Robinson
    I just received my PS 300 EQ-plus yesterday and will hopefully "get to know it" in the next few days. You haven't had a "solid" tool in your hand until you've had the Festool jigsaw. To me, it feels even beefier than the Bosch, which I was originally considering based on lots of rave reviews. Do contact Bob if you have any questions or concerns. He's very helpful.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 09-11-2003 at 1:28 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...