Thread: OT Gloat - Echo Lawn Edger

OT Gloat - Echo Lawn Edger

Got a great deal yesterday at a garage sale, an Echo PE-2000 gas lawn edger. Paid $25 and seemed a little beat up. A quick scrub at home at it look almost new again. It had no gas in it, so I had to buy it hoping it would run. Then When I filled it at home and pressed the primer bulb, it split down the middle!

Stores were already closed, so I had to pull the bulb off my Echo trimmer. Still wouldn't fire! Pulled the spark plug out and verified spark, cleaned it off a bit, and it fired on the next pull! Still running a bit rough from sitting around, but otherwise seems fine.

Don't know the store price, probably $200+ I would think. A used one just went for $120+ delivered on ebay. Seems gloatworthy. $100-200 Echo lawn toy, for $25 and a primer bulb.

That sounds like a good find.

I never had much luck with those little trimmers. It seemed that in between uses, the carb would get gummed up and I needed to have a can of ether handy to get the darn thing running again. I have a trimmer and a grass blower in the garage that haven't been started in nearly 10 years. However, the blower did run a lot better than the trimmer.
    Best Regards, Ken

I've had good luck with my Echo's. A bit more than the cheapos you find in the big boxes, but worth it I think. I've got Echo trimmer. blower, and now edger. I put Sta-bil in the gas over winter and never had problems starting each spring (at least no more than usual with small 2-cycles!). Now that I live in Florida, I'll keep-em running all year.

A lot of people like Shindawa too, but even more money. Never used one so I can't compare the quality.