Thread: Stair Treads and Elite S

Stair Treads and Elite S

The MiniMax Elite S has been running like a champ! I have just about completer 43 mahogany stair treads and it made the process easier than I expected! No electrical issues...just a powerful competent machine! It was a great brek in project for the Jointer/planer . The electric bed with digital readout is terrific....I mark the size on the side and will locate similar treads near each other...
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    The MiniMax Elite S has been running like a champ! No electrical issues...just a powerful competent machine! I The electric bed with digital readout is terrific....I mark the size on the side and will locate similar treads near each other...
    Hey Cali Boy,
    So are you glad you listened to my suggestion and a few others of us MiniMaxers's ? Now if only i can convince you that you need the slider or maybe a saw/shaper.... .....now that I am done spending money for like my lifetime and my son's I want to spend someone else's money...

glad the machine is working well mark! isn`t it nice to work a machine instead of work around it? tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Mark,
    I am jealous of your electric planer bed. How accurate is the movement? What is the minimum you can adjust it?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Buckley
    Mark,
    I am jealous of your electric planer bed. How accurate is the movement? What is the minimum you can adjust it?

Brian
    I have it set to inches and there are 2 digits that are decmal fractions. So it will go 1/100 of an inch increments and is repeatable. So for my 8/4 treads where the material was face jointed and planned prior to glue up , I start at about 1.98 for example. I choose the flatter side down and make passes at 1.94....1.91 until smooth...then flip it and go 1.88....1.85...and lets say there is just a very small spot left that needs planning...so 1.84...done! If there is tearout I mark and reverse the board. Then I mark the final measurement ...1.84 on the side. This way I know the thickness . I have a range of treads from 1.65 to 1.85 and you can see a slight variation to the eye. If I group them on the stairs in graduated thickness, you will never see it! That saves a lot of planning..
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Buckley
    Mark,

Brian
    brian, i hear sam whispering sweet nothings to your checkbook
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.