Thread: Panasonic 12V drill brake broke?

Panasonic 12V drill brake broke?

I have a Panasonic 12V drill, and it appears as though the brake is broken. It just coasts to a stop instead of abruptly stopping like usual.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is it an easy fix or a 'dealer part'. I like the brake, and am handy if it's something in the realm of self fixing. But if it's electronic, or such, I guess I can learn to live without it.

Thanks for the help,

Sam

Sam,

I had this happen to my 15.6 Panasonic drill...in my case it was the trigger switch that needed to be replaced. The part wasn't expensive (under $15). I took it to an authorized Panasonic repair center to have it fixed. With labor, the repair was around $40.

Hope this helps.

Frank

Thanks for the info.

My basement got about 2 inches of water in it thursday afternoon, and I spent the entire weekend cleaning mud from the city storm sewers that backed up into my basement. The kicker was, I had scheduled to take Friday off to do some projects around the house - one of those projects being to finish installing the backflow preventer, or check valve, that would have prevented the flood.

Thanks, Sam

Sam,

Wow, that's too bad. Hope it get's better for you, I've pumped out my basement enough to know how lousy it is.

Good luck,

Pete

It just got a little better this AM. FEMA just declared Cuyahoga County a flood disaster area, so I might be able to re-coup some of my losses.

To follow up, I ordered the switch for about $35 and installed it. Fixed the problem and it was VERY easy to do.

No money from FEMA - not enough damage. On the bright side, I got my basement much cleaner than it was before the water, and I got the check valve installed. We also got a lot of junk cleared out and threw away a lot of stuff we didn't need (and some we did unfortunately.)

Thanks, Sam