Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Blank Page Issue Is Intolerable - Let's Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Bookout
    I just ASTOUNDS me when I look at the post and see how many members there are that use this forum weekly or daily that do not contribute as compared to those that do contribute. I would be embarased, considering the amount of correct information that I obtain here, not to contribute.

If any of these people ever go to any other forums and see the amout of "You Suck" type of responses I do not think that it would be long before they would come back here and be willing to help with the support.

Therefore, I support a trial period for a new member at no cost and after that period is up a small semiannual fee. What do we have to lose? After all, a small percentage of us bear the burden of the cost anyway and we would stay and continue support while waiting for new members that would have the same commitment.

I know that this has been discused before by the powers that be and you have decided against it so I know that I do not have the full story. It is just that I get tired of going though post and seeing twenty or thirty members and one contributor.

I am a small contributor but I do it. During the last big drive I saw some contributors that put in large sums and it is not fair to them or even to me. I will continue to donate from time to time as this forum is much better than anything else on the web and deserves support.

I guess that there are just too many people that want something for nothing.

Allen

PS Just sent some more via paypal.
    Allen, I understand how you feel and can understand where your concerns are coming from. I have been using the Creek now for about five or six months.(the Turning Forum) I very seldom go anywhere else.

I too have benefited greatly from being here and will participate willingly; however, this is the first time I have heard a single word about the need. Please don't be so quick to be too hard on the nubies, if they are like me, then they probably didn't know either.

There will always be those who take advantage and there will always be those with needs. One shouldn't dampen the blessing of helping the other, who can't do more. The people I'm meeting here certainly do not demonstrate that they are takers but rather givers.

Do you think there might be a possibility that communication may be at fault? Well, at least to some small degree anyway.

I'm not comfortable with PayPal so if someone would tell me where to find an address I will get the funds on the way. Thanks for being patient with a new guy.
    Last edited by Christopher K. Hartley; 06-23-2006 at 3:20 PM.
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

Chris, if you look in the top right portion of the page, under your name you'll see Donate. Click on it and it will give you the snail mail address.

Also, might I suggest that you click on the New Posts once you log on. I used to go to each forum then discovered the New Posts. It has all the new posts for each forum and has some interesting stuff that you might not other wise see.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher K. Hartley

I too have benefited greatly from being here and will participate willingly; however, this is the first time I have heard a single word about the need. Please don't be so quick to be too hard on the nubies, if they are like me, then they probably didn't know either.
    Christopher,

You may be right. It could partially be a communication problem. I remember that it was a while before I realized that this was a member supported organization.

How could I be too hard on a guy named "Hartley"? After all, that is where I grew up -- Hartley, Texas.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher K. Hartley
    I'm not comfortable with PayPal so if someone would tell me where to find an address I will get the funds on the way. Thanks for being patient with a new guy.
    Chris, click "Donate" near the upper right part of the screen and you will see the snail-mail address. I mailed my check today.

Thumbs up

Greetings;
    I had no idea this forum was a labor of love Paypal sent
    Thanks for all the information and one of the best Internet environments out there.
    -Marc

Way to go Marc! You da man! And to everyelse donating more than twice or three or more times.

And Welcome to the Creek.
    Last edited by Mark Rios; 06-23-2006 at 10:21 PM.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

I am donating too -- but Keith -- go to PayPal and setup a reoccuring donation option ... Ellis over @ woodcentral did that, great thing, just click on a hotlink on the board, you are sent to a special paypal page, put in an amount, etc.. and PayPal sends the site a monthly payment. Best thing for cash flow..

Also tell Aaron we would understand the need to compensate at least some of his work so make it easier to donate. The donate button should have the info it has now and a hot link to paypal with your info already there so it's even easier to give you money which is the best way to increase the donations.
    Mike-in-Michigan (Richland that is) <br> "We never lack opportunity, the trouble is many don't recognize an opportunity when they see it, mostly because it usually comes dressed in work clothes...."

Keith -

Sent you a few $$$ via PayPal. Thank you and all the others for everything you do!

This place is well worth the self determined price of admission.

Regards,
    Ted

I feel sheepish for not having done my part in 2006. This is a tremendous resource for me, as I'm sure it is for everyone, and I'm glad to do my part belated as it may be.
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Laustrup
    Chris, if you look in the top right portion of the page, under your name you'll see Donate. Click on it and it will give you the snail mail address.

Also, might I suggest that you click on the New Posts once you log on. I used to go to each forum then discovered the New Posts. It has all the new posts for each forum and has some interesting stuff that you might not other wise see.

Karl
    Thanks Karl and Mark, I suppose had it been a snake it would have bitten me. I'm on track now.
    Last edited by Christopher K. Hartley; 06-23-2006 at 7:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Bookout
    How could I be too hard on a guy named "Hartley"? After all, that is where I grew up -- Hartley, Texas.

Allen
    Goodnuf that it's Hartley but Texas makes it even better! I had a thought just a bit ago. Another factor is accountability. What if somewhere in our name header on messages and replies we had recognition of financial contributions? Something like: Minimum could be Bronze Level Member; Double, Silver; triple, Gold and anything above that Platinum. It would recognize and hold accountable at the same time. It wouldn't deprive anyone and if there was a true hardship case someone could donate in their name so they got the credit. that part would be anonymous. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Ingraham
    I feel sheepish for not having done my part in 2006. This is a tremendous resource for me, as I'm sure it is for everyone, and I'm glad to do my part belated as it may be.
    Jerry

Hey Jerry, we like sheep here too!!!
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Thumbs up

Hey Keith, you do realize this means I won't be able to stop at the bar on my way home from work next week, don't you???? Oh...That's right. I don't do that in the first place! In that case, just PP'd you a few drink's worth! Oh, and before I forget, you can also keep my "Moderator's" salary for this year, too! Thanks for all you guys out there in VA do for us! Next to Bear Creek, this is my favorite Creek!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Funds sent. Thanks for YOUR efforts!
    Frankie

I have a great Border Collie, she just can't hold her licker!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Hey Keith, you do realize this means I won't be able to stop at the bar on my way home from work next week, don't you???? Oh...That's right. I don't do that in the first place! In that case, just PP'd you a few drink's worth! Oh, and before I forget, you can also keep my "Moderator's" salary for this year, too! Thanks for all you guys out there in VA do for us! Next to Bear Creek, this is my favorite Creek!
    WOW!!!! You're giving up your big buck salary AND beer money.

For me John...Salary ya...beer...no way.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan